Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Forum reputation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote:There used to be quite a few people on this forum very knowledgeable about MBT and could give slightly different points of views on the same thing. And it made for a much better discussion. But for one reason or another, they have all dropped off or died and you are stuck with me and my point of view. I do my best to interpret MBT as I understand it. In the end if the information isn't helpful to you then disregard it.
Sainbury wrote:It is hard when someone gives me a completely different point of view than how I am presently interpreting information.
Skeptico May 2017-MBT forum sucks

Can we open a conversation about this?

Post subject: Re: Forum reputation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We are all creating today what we will experience tomorrow.

I have experienced “Just Me” and it is the most frightening thing I have ever imagined.

VB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In terms of the recent situation that lead to this thread and people who have complained about bad experiences, here is some context:

In the MBT forum, people typically operate with a left-brain interface as they discuss concepts and ideas in state of intellectualizing each other's output rather than opening to interpersonal connection with others through right-brain social engagement. This is because this place is a BB forum and interaction is limited to text-based dialogue where expression is limited, visualization of another human is limited, and conversations between people are slowed down to a big ball of theoretical information as posts rather than a faster back-and-forth dialogue that represents two humans socializing in real life. All these factors contribute to our social wiring being put in a different framework where we end up seeing words more than the person, misunderstand tone and intent, and engage more strictly through logic which illicit confusing social signals. This is a big source of conflict and conversations breaking down as ego can be more forthcoming when communication is non-corporeal in this sense. This thread is based off of a fresh example of this situation where Marszm initially interprets defensiveness when there is not necessarily any and becomes defensive himself.

Which brings me to my take, that I don't care about the reputation given by some others, not only because in 99% of cases, the person complaining was disproportionately more arrogant/egotistic themselves, but because I prefer the perspective that, as a substitute for community and personal connection, this forum is not a good option -- there are many other channels of MBT now on different platforms, that offer a better sense of community, friendliness, and validation to each other for personal experiences. This forum should instead remain as an archive of MBT concepts explained/hashed out and a more niche place for left-brained/autistic folk to focus more on the concepts of MBT more strictly in an intellectual capacity. So I am saying, because we have seen so many people come here with their own ideas/opinions/experiences talking in other metaphors and rejecting/dismissing the MBT perspective, you will find validation and exploration of your personal experiences in other MBT groups but let's keep the MBT forum focused on MY BIG THEORY OF EVERYTHING BY TOM CAMPBELL, as it was designed. The most prevalent archetype for the person that will complain about the MBT forum has been specifically the ones that were not that interested in looking through MBT perspective or were looking to critique it with poor understanding or would prefer to argue things like politics and veganism and got shut down. We should give voice to more of these people and let them point to the specific interaction that got them banned or offended because overwhelmingly it ends up being a poor showing from them in what otherwise begins as plain responses from an MBT perspective.

On another note, I don't see a problem with Sainbury's comments despite the context cues from you quoting her here and things you've complained about before. At the very worst, her comments can seem dismissive as she tries to answer in an MBT perspective or answer how she thinks Tom would answer a question generally but there is not much else than the initial intent to provide an answer. Besides that, Sainbury is the most productive/helpful member on the forum today for providing MBT resources to questions. I have seen much more problematic behavior from you and I guess this axe to grind with Sainbury of all people, on a forum of only a few active members, stems from her disagreeing with your perspectives and also bringing things back to an MBT perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The most prevalent archetype for the person that will complain about the MBT forum has been specifically the ones that were not that interested in looking through MBT perspective or were looking to critique it with poor understanding or would prefer to argue things like politics and veganism and got shut down.
B.S.

You claim to be Human+ but you are nothing other than another authoritarian, refusing to accept a perspective other than your own.

You know nothing of being human.
This forum should instead remain as an archive of MBT concepts explained/hashed out and a more niche place for left-brained/autistic folk to focus more on the concepts of MBT more strictly in an intellectual capacity.
Your opinion. Obviously not shared by the owner, at least not any longer.

By the way, Marszm claims to be autistic but shows great humility to the point of worrying that he may have offended someone. I am left wondering if the problem with you is not that you are autistic but that you are simply a selfish A**h***.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You know nothing of being human.
nothing :)
Your opinion. Obviously not shared by the owner, at least not any longer.

It's obvious that it's my, "opinion" ​when I preface with, "my take" and, "my preference". Don't you think so, VB? At least I outlined some logic, whether you agree or not. The thread is a call for discussion.

You claim to be Human+
Didn't claim I am, it's just a username.
B.S.
Did you feel like what I wrote applied to you?

By the way, Marszm claims to be autistic but shows great humility to the point of worrying that he may have offended someone. I am left wondering if the problem with you is not that you are autistic but that you are simply a selfish A**h***.
Gaslighting that someone isn't autistic and is just an asshole is a little weird, VB -- especially when it's not relevant. I've hardly done anything that holds a candle to your behavior here. Wouldn't you say so, VB?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Did you feel like what I wrote applied to you?
Not at all, but with a very few exceptions you have been extremely off putting and abrasive and insulting to many forum members and with no apparent cause from day one. Even Ted, in his own way, advised you to tone it down. You did not take the hint.

You may not care if everyone leaves the forum but this is not your forum. Maybe you should petition Tom to become Administrator and then you could be sure no one ever posts an unapproved idea here ever again. It’ll be just you with your logical thoughts, just the way you like it, since that’s your preference.
The thread is a call for discussion.
Yes, so we’re discussing. Interesting that you’ve shown up for this one, seeing as you’ve played such a large role in the topic at hand in your relatively short tenure here.
Gaslighting that someone isn't autistic and is just an asshole is a little weird, VB -- especially when it's not relevant. I've hardly done anything that holds a candle to your behavior here. Wouldn't you say so, VB?
I’m not sure that’s the correct usage of the term gaslighting but whatever. You don’t like my behavior?

If I have offended anyone I sincerely apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's an unfortunate derailing. I haven't even seen you in a long time VB, what's up?
You may not care if everyone leaves the forum but this is not your forum
Didn't say it was.
Maybe you should petition Tom to become Administrator and then you could be sure no one ever posts an unapproved idea here ever again
Not what I said either :)
Yes, so we’re discussing
Yes but, the topic was forum reputation, your, "discussion" is to make it personal with me and try to force things I didn't say. At least respond to the points, don't go on tangents about autism and what Ted said and what I should ask Tom. When the topic revolves around disputes/conflicts and you act like this, what are you doing?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:14 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

You haven't offended me virtual it's really ok man. Nobody has on here even if i came across rude in that post. I re read my post and I did kinda come off very defensive. I think I know why and it's prob ego and stuff. I just always thought this forum was maybe more open than what I realized. I didn't know it was just about toms mbt. I thought we could all kinda discuss or idk how to explain..... maybe branch out other ideas what we observe etc. I have experienced a lot that doesn't really line up with toms mbt (But so much does!) and all i wanted was like minded folks to talk to. Always loved tom and his videos. I got his book sitting right here next to me on my desk. I literally got it for the energy i can't really read good unless its an audio book but i will occasionally pop in there and read stuff.

I didn't mean to cause any problems really. I do feel in the past jumped on though a lot (i have had multiple accounts) and the admin said that was okay to have another account as I was struggling with some obsessive compulsive stuff online and other things. HARD TO EXPLAIN. and he was super nice to me about it and understanding. but maybe i do kinda go leftfield talking about certain subjects that are my reality and my experiences... that don't line up with toms mbt. but when i share them i always had felt kinda jumped on I guess. But like I said i honestly didn't think this forum was strictly for his mbt only.

im not gonna sit here and say i wasn't defensive etc. i am going through a lot. and maybe when what sainbury said didn't click with me i might of even had some weird A** fear response I can't pinpoint I have no idea. And it's something I will work on. She just dismissed what I said so fast. The other replies on there were helpful to me and i didn't feel that same defensive feeling and idk how to even explain but the vibe I got was super weird. :/ The negative feelings always had come from her replies to me. She always seems to flip flop on her responses and it confused me at times too. But im sure I confuse the hell out of a lot of people lol.

BUT... seriously am very sorry for this everybody, truth is i wish toms forum nothing but great success!! and i wish everybody on here the very very best.

Last edited by Marszm on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Didn't say it was.
Sorry, you are correct. You said you don’t care about the reputation of the forum. I confused that statement with the hand wave you gave Marzsm in response to him saying he will leave the forum, which you edited out of that post.
what are you doing?
I am being honest, from my point of view about why I think this forum has a bad reputation, and it does have a bad reputation. That is not to say it is any one persons fault, we have all contributed to what it is good or bad.
Maybe you should petition Tom to become Administrator and then you could be sure no one ever posts an unapproved idea here ever again

Not what I said either :)
That’s why I said “maybe” it was a suggestion that I thought might possibly fulfill your preferences.

You brought up autism in your post, here I’ll quote it for you again.
This forum should instead remain as an archive of MBT concepts explained/hashed out and a more niche place for left-brained/autistic folk to focus more on the concepts of MBT more strictly in an intellectual capacity.
Your preference.

Last edited by VirtualBrain on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's not a problem, Marszm. Some topics and discussions branch out into other areas, you're good. Anything brought up here is more of a longer standing problem than anything caused by you.

i wish everybody on here the very very best.
We to you too :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hopefully you stick around Marzam you haven’t done anything wrong and you have interesting things to say. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:29 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

yeah i will! I am kinda a lurker hehe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

VB: You brought up autism in your post, here I’ll quote it for you.
I brought it up in the sense of the left-brained engagement I was talking about with concepts over interpersonal connections which can be seen in people with high-functioning autism.

That context didn't facilitate comments like, "your problem isn't your autism but that you're a selfish asshole". Completely out of left-field, unproductive, hateful, and just exhibiting yourself as the exact problem being critiqued. Even if you have a gripe with me, just respond to the points and logic being presented.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Human+ wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:31 pm
VB: You brought up autism in your post, here I’ll quote it for you.
I brought it up in the sense of the left-brained engagement I was talking about with concepts over interpersonal connections which can be seen in people with high-functioning autism.

That context didn't facilitate comments like, "your problem isn't your autism but that you're a selfish asshole". Completely out of left-field, unproductive, hateful, and just exhibiting yourself as the exact problem being critiqued. Even if you have a gripe with me, just respond to the points and logic being presented.
Human, I have a larger context. It’s not out of left field, It’s not hateful, but I’m sorry you see it that way.

You are deceitful and manipulative and you use your “logic” toward your own ends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Is it unreasonable to conclude that thus far this thread has "lived up to" the reputation of this forum?: Ego, fear and belief.