Return Home
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:37 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Let me explain, please.

Around 20 months ago, I experienced a minor stroke (see my introduction in that section). I'M FINE, now, but I was extremely alarmed when I figured out what the hell was going on.

During my two week hospital stay I was told that there was no cognitive damage. That was supposed to make me feel better, but it only upset me more. That there was even a possibility that I might not be able to recognize my family and friends was numbingly depressing.

I am past most of that (most). BUT, in my initial exploration of the paranormal, I became interested in "past life regression." I even reached out to Dr. Jim Tucker of UVA on the matter. He cautioned me that some past lives might be upsetting.

I felt that they NEEDED to be remembered out of respect to previous loved ones. If I feel so strongly about my family right now, I must have felt that way back then, too.

Am I making sense? What is the MBT take on PLR?

Thanks for considering this query.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One of the things that MBT does when you come to understand the theory is a bigger picture. It is not necessary to access any past lives data. You have probably had thousands of friends, spouses, children, and relatives. And none of those remain as ongoing consciousnesses. They are just data in the Actualized Past Database. So, there is no need to honor them.

After saying that, I will tell you that I did past life regressions for a couple of years when I was in my 20s. I probable accessed 12-15 lives. And just like life now isn't always pleasant, as you so recently found out, past lives are the same. But, you can also put parameters on what you want to see. To get another data stream you have to learn to shut off your internal dialog - especially throughout the experience. Using your intellect will shut down an experience. Think about what you experienced afterward. And journaling your experiences can be useful.

I used Dick Sutphen's cassette tapes, (that's how long its been.) A guided meditation is the easiest way for most people. Dick died a few years ago and his collection of meditation CDs have gotten harder to find. Your best bet is probably Regression to Times and Places (Meditation Regression) Audio CD –
by Brian Weiss. You can find it on Amazon, or do a search and see if you can find it cheaper somewhere else. You can use your Intent before you want to start as to what you want to see. I had done a lot of past life regressions before I ask to see how I died. And those were startling experiences. In only one life had I died of old age in my bed. My advice to do this with fearlessness if you decide to proceed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:00 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks. I see from other posts in other sections that you have really got your hands full! Sorry to be difficult.

My wife and daughter and son are all conscious (have a consciousness). My mom (passed for ten years now) did (does). My brother and his family. You get the picture. I NEVER WANT TO FORGET THEM. I love them all beyond words.The notion that that forgetting them is even a possibility I find heart breaking. My mother in law didn't even recognize her own daughter when she slipped away. It was, again, heart breaking.

Since my unfortunate event, I can sense this is something that everyone could face. I'm trying to sort this all out so that I can "get on with it" as it were. Hence my need for larger understanding.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are not being difficult. You are asking reasonable questions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its nice to have friends for sure. but as a highly sensitive introvert i like being alone as well or having fewer friends.

I am in continuing contact with entities i have known for a long time and had many lives with. Do i want to remember all of our lives together currently? No. my knowledge that they have been close with me for a long time and come through for me big time is enough. Their IUOC's pay me nice visits while i am asleep! nice of them!

I suppose the more i work on myself and learn to bring the best out of people will draw entities to me. At the same time I like being alone and having fewer friends.

There is a grieving process but its best we move on after that. That leaves the door open for future contact with these entities.

Work on yourself and bring the best out of others and others will be drawn to you. be the best example you can be. you have an opportunity to have a big impact on their life now!

regarding the stroke. maybe try avoiding oils and animal products. Caldwell Esselstyn has images of fattty deposits in the arteries reversing and going away after several months of this intervention:

http://www.dresselstyn.com/resolving_cade.htm

some fasting of a few days or several days might speed this up. however, easier to do when you dont have a job and can just lay in bed for several days...

try to get your LDL under 70 and total cholesterol under 150 or as low as possible. an everyday struggle for me. oil is in so much food..

Good luck! and dont worry. you will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Depending on what’s going on with you, it may be also helpful to deepen your engagement with your current physical reality, to address your sadness.

Investing in attention to gradually improved diet, movement, and time with animals and nature.

Gradual improvement of attention to practical matters, thrift, things your spouse or parents or children need done.

Some form of community engagement that would be helpful for the local community.

One of my personal theories is that the subconscious prods the idle mind with anxiety if it is not profitably leaning into some problem of significance, for a good portion of the day.

It’s possible your stroke altered your connection to the sub conscious, and it’s less patient with you wasting time on previous interests or idleness.

Try doing things out of character and gauge your emotional state.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:29 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the considerate responses.

I’ve been a “flexible vegan” for a year - and I eat NO fast food and as little fat as possible.I do juice fasts couple of days at a time every couple of weeks. I do lots of kettle bell training, walking and, now that I have my balance back, biking.I’m down over 40 lbs since the unfortunate event and I targeting 15 more. My music/trumpet work is about 98% of my standard. In short, I’ve got the physical thing under control.

What I really need to sort out is the spiritual, religious, scientific and paranormal things. I spent 27 years teaching physics in high school and playing music at night. I could have gone to electrical engineering for a day gig, but I wanted a career helping kids realize how good they already were. I was working at being a loyal loving husband and a loving father. I progressed on many issues, but I guess I need to be better.

I’m working on it. Time to improve my consciousness.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last year, I experienced an emotion I never experienced before. Reflecting on my life, there are things that happened that should have triggered it but did not. I sold my home and moved to another city in Florida. I looked for a home to purchase but because the real estate market was tight, and I was unfamiliar with the area, I decided to rent. The rental had practically no natural light. My wife was very unhappy living there. We were searching, searching, searching and making offers on homes with no luck. I suddenly realized that we may get stuck in the house in an area with rapidly rising rents. I then became overcome with despair, deep, deep, despair.

Now, I accept the theory that "consciousness is all and all is consciousness". I understand it as well. In addition, I continue to explore by phasing into other "data streams". I remain open minded and skeptical. So, with that being said how, I asked myself, could I fall victim to the emotion of despair. The feeling itself was like a chill.

This theory or model aligns with other theories that I have studied: A sentient being (free will awareness unit) (give it a name. I use cleese) "getting" a NPMR subjective data stream decides to incarnate and "gets" this objective PMR data stream. The data stream, the life, culture, gender, etc. are chosen in advance. The reason it incarnates is to lower its entropy and improve the quality of its consciousness. The "aspect" of itself that "gets" the data stream is under amnesia (as agreed). This enhances the experience for Cleese. The human avatar ("body consciousness"), the you, you know as you, named "Uncle Fred" (referred to by Campbell) is preprogrammed based on its DNA, etc to act objectively and is influenced subjectively by the FWAU (subconscious-soul)

Let's say that, In order to lower its entropy and improve the quality of its consciousness, Cleese chose to experience despair during the incarnation. It formed its "intent". Uncle Fred during his life, in concert with Cleese, experienced despair. Therefore in my case, in theory, I made the choices that manifested the emotion of despair: a "value fulfillment".

Cleese is a subjective unit of consciousness "observer" (immortal). Uncle Fred is a objective unit of consciousness "actor"(mortal). Amnesia is the only separation otherwise after disengagement (death) the you that you know as you is stored in the actualized past data base. Cleese continues to "get" the NPMR data stream having fulfilled its intent. Cleese has withdrawn its subjective aspect and completely detached from Uncle Fred and those emotions held so dear.

I overcame despair by remembering that, theoretically, I am more than my physical body. I then made the choIce to "observe" despair in action.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't think any entity would chose to experience despair. Despair is entropy raising. Despair comes from expectations not met. Despair comes from ego and is cured by dealing with ego.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Despair is a common human experience. We have all felt despair during difficult periods in our lives. We may occasionally despair about our job, marriage, love life, family, finances, world events, etc. But typically this despair dissipates in time, and life goes on." ~Psychology today, Stephen A. Diamond Ph.D. March 4, 2011.

Despair and sadness come from difficult life events ("random draws") not necessarily expectations. My despair was the result of a difficult event. It "dissipated" because I changed my perspective. Sadness can "dissipate" by employing the same means. Consciousness units (CU) choose the life experience before incarnation. A CU, without the experience of despair, could choose the experience or it could be a random draw. The CU's objective (value fulfilment) could be to experience human despair and to employ influences that cause it to dissipate. In doing so, the CU lowers its entropy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Despair happens when things aren't going the way you want them to. And that comes from your ego wanting to control everything. And despair actually puts energy, (Intent,) into the very thing you don't want.

Not all FWAUs chose a life. And most lives are not well scripted. There is too much randomness to plan out a life and have it actually turn out that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:40 am 
Normal User
Normal User

My occasional despair comes from the notion that I will forget all of my dear loved ones upon passing. I have seen Campbell speak out on this in a couple of videos and he is downright glib bout it. He has a family that I assume he loves. Does he have ice water in his veins? I find no solace in his position.

Now I have read the first two books of his trilogy - the first one three times. I'm starting book three.

He very frequently encourages open minded skepticism. I reserve my right to do so, as it were. Until I can achieve my own out of body experiences and lucid dreaming and see for myself, I can only see this as just his word - not fact. What about all the cases of NDE's that are out there where people regularly encounter passed loved ones? What about past life regression? What about the studies by Dr. Jim Tucker of UVA? What about life review (I've even heard him refer to that)? Why can't I meet the IUOC that drove the avatar that was my mom (gone 12 years now) just to have the opportunity to thank them for a job well done?

I find much of what he is talking about makes a lot of sense from the point of view of being a scientist and engineer and even from the point of view of the religion I was brought up with (Christian Science, though I am not practicing). However, I'm not buying all he is selling.

I've got my own baggage to deal with, obviously, and I'm on it. I'm still seeking direction. I am going to explore the Monroe Institute as well, to see what their thinking is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Despair is not necessarily ego driven. Some events just happen. Perhaps this is where theories diverge. It all depends on the choices a CU makes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

NickDrozdoff wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:40 am I am going to explore the Monroe Institute as well, to see what their thinking is.
Try listening to Monroe's explorer tapes. Campbell is identified as TC:

Monroe explorer tapes

Michael Newton is a regression therapist. He wrote about cases of life between lives. Part one audio version here:

Michael Newton, Regression therapist-life between lives

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

NickDrozdoff wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:40 amMy occasional despair comes from the notion that I will forget all of my dear loved ones upon passing. I have seen Campbell speak out on this in a couple of videos and he is downright glib bout it. He has a family that I assume he loves. Does he have ice water in his veins? I find no solace in his position. Now I have read the first two books of his trilogy - the first one three times. I'm starting book three. He very frequently encourages open minded skepticism. I reserve my right to do so, as it were. Until I can achieve my own out of body experiences and lucid dreaming and see for myself, I can only see this as just his word - not fact. What about all the cases of NDE's that are out there where people regularly encounter passed loved ones? What about past life regression? What about the studies by Dr. Jim Tucker of UVA? What about life review (I've even heard him refer to that)? Why can't I meet the IUOC that drove the avatar that was my mom (gone 12 years now) just to have the opportunity to thank them for a job well done? I find much of what he is talking about makes a lot of sense from the point of view of being a scientist and engineer and even from the point of view of the religion I was brought up with (Christian Science, though I am not practicing). However, I'm not buying all he is selling. I've got my own baggage to deal with, obviously, and I'm on it. I'm still seeking direction. I am going to explore the Monroe Institute as well, to see what their thinking is.
That kind of despair is fear.

When I talk of understanding the bigger picture this is part of it. You are a chunk of consciousness experiencing this seemingly physical reality as a data stream. You play a character in the 'physical reality' but you are not a physical character in the PMR. The FWAU gets data from The Big Computer via the RWW, (Reality Wide Web.) The VR data can be received, rejected, interpreted, changed, created, and sent. You die when the ruleset of the PMR, (earth,) can no longer support your character, (illness, accident, etc.) The PMR data stream is discontinued to your FWAU. A different VR data stream is sent to your FWAU that helps you understand that you are no longer a character participating in a PMR. At that point you recognize your larger self which is the IOUC. All decisions come from your complete self, (IUOC,) from that point on until it partitions off another FWAU. Then the PMR data stream is sent to the new FWAU and it makes all decisions for the PMR character until that character dies. The information from each life is stored in the Actualized Past Database.

An NDE is a chunk of consciousness that has the PMR data stream replaced by another data stream. And in that data stream any characters that the person meets that has died is the LSC which pulls data out of the Actualized Past Database. Because the FWAU that played those characters finished that life. And the IUOC partitioned off another FWAU which could be a 10 year old boy in Australia. And like all data streams the information is processed back into PMR terms through the person's filter of expectations, ego, fear, beliefs, and all the rest. That is why some people see a religious figure.

You have loved thousands of people and will love thousands more. You are a bit stuck on a physical reality and your character of Nick. Nick will not be played again. Nick's QoC, (Quality of Consciousness,) is uploaded in real time to your IUOC - either with lower entropy or higher entropy. Nick's life will be stored in the Actualized Past Database when the character dies.

This reminds me of a visitation dream I had with my late husband a few days after he died. I ask him about his previous wife Edna. They had been married over 40 years. He said, "It turns out we aren't that close over here." Take from that what you will.

The goal isn't to incarnate again with past loved ones, although that isn't impossible. The goal always is to evolve the quality of your consciousness. That is the only reason you are playing a character in a virtual reality.