Return Home
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:55 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi,

I'm looking for tools or techniques to help deal with side effects from medication. Mainly side effects related to mental stuff like depression and brain fog.

I've looked into buying a bottle of placebo pills online or even having my doctor prescribe the placebo pills to help counteract this. There are studies showing that doing this is actually effective. There are even cases of surgeons doing fake surgeries that permanently heal people.

Keeping a positive mindset and staying focused also seems good. I guess my problem is that I can be sensitive and overthink stuff which has been a double-edged sword.

Does anyone have experience or info on this?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

fountaineer79 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:55 am Hi,

I'm looking for tools or techniques to help deal with side effects from medication. Mainly side effects related to mental stuff like depression and brain fog.

I've looked into buying a bottle of placebo pills online or even having my doctor prescribe the placebo pills to help counteract this. There are studies showing that doing this is actually effective. There are even cases of surgeons doing fake surgeries that permanently heal people.

Keeping a positive mindset and staying focused also seems good. I guess my problem is that I can be sensitive and overthink stuff which has been a double-edged sword.

Does anyone have experience or info on this?

Thanks!
Personally, I try to avoid all medications, even aspirin, unless absolutely necessary. If you stop taking the medication that doesn’t agree with you hopefully the side effects should wane. Most medications do have side effects, but don’t worry there is a medication to fix those side effects and one to fix the side effects of the side effects. So on and so forth. It’s a lucrative business.

Unfortunately, todays modern medicine is a centralized power structure just like everything else and largely demands compliance with the established protocol created by the pharmaceutical industry and approved by the government rather than the expertise of an individual doctor working with an individual patient.

Many doctors don’t think for themselves anymore. They just believe and do what they are told from on high, they are trained to be order followers from the beginning.

There are still some good doctors out there though they may put there careers in jeopardy by actually practicing there healing art. If you can find one of them they may be able to help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What medication are you having problems with?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I'm considering taking Finasteride but haven't taken it. I would also be interested in helping other people with the side effects too.

There's a whole list of potential side effects from this drug, some mental and some physical.

There's also a very large percentage of people that have been taking this drug for a long time and have not had side effects.

I'm mainly wondering about psychological tools for dealing with side effects.

One good piece of advice I did find was from Eckhart Tolle who suggests using the practice of "presence" when dealing with side effects.

I've also read a post online about making and using your own placebo pills. Either using something like 'Zeebo' on amazon or making your own with daily vitamins or whatever. Then setting an intention and using an affirmation to create a "prescription" for the bottle. You could also add a symbol or sigel to the label. Haven't tried it but sounds like it could have potential.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It’s definitely not worth the risk if its for hair loss. Besides, large numbers of women find bald men very attractive ;)

Hair is for young, immature, adolescent boys. Not Big Strong Guys like Us. ;)

For prostate issues there may be better ways to deal with that, hopefully you have a good doctor. I’d look into all the options before making a final decision.

Natural remedies may be an alternative but some of them may also have side effects unfortunately, but tomatoes, cranberries and zinc don’t sound too bad.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321231

https://www.healthline.com/health/enlar ... l-remedies

BTW, I don’t like Elkhart Trolle. His quiet robot like presence is extremely boring, but I guess if your asleep the side effects wont bother you so much.

If you really want to learn about the zany Zen world of Non Dualism check out Richard Rose, he was among the best of the best in the English speaking world up until his death.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLA ... 2ZEaxXfg0E

Please ignore all the drug commercials on YouTube, brought to you by Pfizer, Moderna etc. Don’t ask your doctor about any of it! You don’t need it and you don’t want it. If your doctor suggests it, find a new doctor. Lol.

https://tatfoundation.org/bio.htm

https://www.searchwithin.org/observer.htm

Check out Douglas Harding as well. If you do the experiments You’ll find out that you actually have no head. Without a head there isn’t much to worry about.

https://www.headless.org/english-welcome.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you tried Minoxidil?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have cold showers for a month. Everyday for at least 5 minutes. All the water cold.

You can even try ice baths.

Report back to us after a month.

Seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:25 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

fountaineer79, having successfully dealt with significant hair loss AND having had a very healthy prostate to date (age 65+), I'd second the comments of both THEONE and VirtualBrain, above. Personally, my quality of life and health have been immeasurably better since I stopped relying on The Medical Treatment Industry for anything. My personal experience and that of almost everyone I know is that pharmaceuticals are poison, that the world would be a far, far better place if all direct-to-consumer drug advertising were prohibited (just as cigarette advertising was years ago) and that ALL doctors should be legally required to recommend and closely monitor non-pharmaceutical and non-surgical treatment options before ever considering a drug prescription, given the tens of thousands who currently die every year due to medical mistakes and/or malfeasance.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/me ... _in_the_us

YMMV, of course.

My homeopath spouse has had me on Cranberry Extract and Saw Palmetto for years. If your issue is prostate or urinary tract, there are plenty of regimens out there you can try using these. I can only speak from my personal, positive experience while noting the universally negative experience of men my age whom I personally know, and who have not relied on these supplements.

Meanwhile, I'd been losing significant amounts of hair for years. Never gave it much thought because it wasn't a priority. But this past Spring that hair loss increased dramatically. I bumped up my Vitamin B complex by 50% for two months, and this resolved the issue completely. I can now brush my hair without having to comb out a handful of hair from the brush afterward, and no longer find gobs of hair in the drain after a shower. I see clearly that what hair I lost is now growing back. Again, YMMV, but I'd certainly give this a try (along with the cold showers) before ever seriously considering a drug that can cause birth defects in pregnant women (so who knows WHAT sort of damage it's doing to the men who take it!).

Just some things to consider.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I bumped up my Vitamin B complex by 50% for two months
Vitamins are extremely important in todays world. Even unprocessed foods don’t contain the nutrients they once did. Just like medicine, Food is a centralized power structure based on making money and maintaining control for the power elite. Try to get a decent tomato, cranberry, or piece of fish at a major grocery store, forget it. It all comes from the central warehouse of Monsanto(a subsidiary of Vanguard and BlackRock, just like Pfizer and Moderna etc.), and approved by the government of course. ;)

I don’t know if its true, (it wouldn’t surprise me if it was), but I read an article a while back that claimed that in France they are trying to pass a law to make vitamin C supplements require a doctor prescription.

The best place to get your food is locally grown by real farmers who get nothing from any corporation or the government(hard to find since the FDA unceasingly threatens to shut down anyone who doesn’t comply with their dictates). Otherwise grow/raise your own(another article claims England is trying to outlaw home gardens).

One thing that cannot be denied is the difference between a home grown vegetable vs store bought. All you must do to know the truth is to try it for yourself. A store bought tomato to me is nearly inedible. A home grown garden tomato is like heaven. Even home grown canned tomatoes are vastly better than store bought. This goes for all vegetables, fruit, cheese, milk, meat etc.

If you can’t find decent food that you can afford or produce on your own your best option is vitamin supplements.