Return Home
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:16 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I’ve recently been going through a difficult period of growth and I’m wondering if anyone can relate to this kind of thing.

I’ve been going from states of peace, oneness, I guess you could say the being level, and then going into depression, negative thoughts, negative feelings, like emptiness.

I don’t think it’s manic depression or anything like that, but perhaps it’s similar to how it operates and it doesn’t feel out of my control. It just feels like I have more responsibility to stay at the being level, rather than the intellect.

I feel like I’ve opened up more of my being level, which is a good thing, I’ve had quite a few awakening experiences, it’s easier to live from a deeper, wider, more loving state of being, but it’s also feels like I’ve become much more sensitive to whether I’m in a broad focus or a narrow focus, the broad feels very positive, but the narrow feels much more negative, is this normal?

I’m wondering if anyone else has been through this.

Is there also any way I can send this question to Tom for maybe a Q&A video in the future I think his response would be interesting.

Thanks!
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You can drive yourself crazy trying to live your life without your intellect. Your intellect is key to living and you cannot do without it. Don't let your intellect protect your ego into ignoring fears and beliefs. Try and live without a social mask and make decisions to the best of your ability. Then pay attention to the feedback you get.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I occasionally feel negative about life and watch antinatalism content. feel it is unethical to bring children into this world.

i feel i have made a lot of progress. i also think its true what tom says about progress being difficult.

often i turn to music to lift up my spirits. try Creed greatest hits on youtube.

exercise is very good for your mental health. get a set of dumbells and try 2-3 times per week working on your strength. this will improve your mental health.

all you can do is keep working on yourself. a lot of things that used to bother me a lot i stoped caring about.

i am wishing you luck in your journey .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:55 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for your replies. Managed to get through it. I think the key to the depressive episodes was acceptance. I just decided to accept the depressive episodes and they disappeared, feel much more whole than before, maybe the fear or resistance of suffering was creating it somehow, like I was fighting it, clinging onto the positive and fighting the negative, maybe a was a key lesson: accept everything.