Return Home
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the experiments have gotten underway yet at what I will refer to as
( University 1),

.. as a second University was mentioned as a possibility of preforming the experiments later on ?

Reference- https://www.facebook.com/TestingSimulat ... 815215760/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Is Dr. Farbod Khoshnoud an affiliate of the "unnamed" university(ies) Tom eludes to?
If I recall correctly, he was an early affiliate prior to the engagement of universities which "cannot be named" due to associations with "consciousness research"

Seems kind of weak to me as there are dozens of reputable institutions which have actively engaged in implications of consciousness as being fundamental.
Staurt/Hammeroff for a start and published papers to that effect.

If the Measurement problem / observer effect are scientifically reproducible, then why would the institution concerned prefer to remain anonymous?
My guess is that it has nothing to do with science but reputation. Given the science is reproducible, then the pointy question is what/who's reputation?

Given the video was posted in Dec '21, are we to conclude that:
1) Farbod Khoshnoud is an affiliate of said unnamed universities
2) Farbod Khoshnoud is acting as a private consultant independent of university investment (equipment or otherwise)
3) Donations and public generosity have funded research teams in 2 Universities, let alone one?
4) No progress has been made at all worthy of reporting?

I personally don't buy into the notion that a university chooses to remain anonymous with regards to consciousness research, If they choose to do so, then it is not based on the science but the stigma.

All universities must be transparent to their stakeholders and investors.
"One who can't be named" seems pretty Grey on the Tax Balance sheet.

Just figured there would be some tangible meat on this bone by now considering the experiments were proposed in 2016

As anyone could see, I'm personally somewhat skeptical of any results being delivered let alone from universities subsidized by entirely voluntary donation.

Just being an open minded skeptic...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

With today's global access, I imagine the researchers don't want to be bothered by emails, visits, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Seems kind of weak to me as there are dozens of reputable institutions which have actively engaged in implications of consciousness as being fundamental.
Staurt/Hammeroff for a start and published papers to that effect.

This is true but with Tom you do have his OBE connection with Robert Monroe + , his appearance on the coast to coast paranormal radio show in 2007.. I dont think Stuart Hammeroff, has that sorta "fringe/ meta physical background ?
Assuming this is the main reason why the universities might choose to remain quiet until the experiments have been completed and results fully published ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What you might ask yourself is… Do the experiments in question support the current narrative? If so can the results be manipulated to fit a future narrative that might be opposed to the current narrative, if and when deemed necessary? If the answer is no then there will be little interest in having any such experiments completed.

If the answer is yes, well then, The Sky Is Yours!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If the answer is no then there will be little interest in having any such experiments completed.
I thought least part of the idea or purpose for doing the experiments though was to provide a "stronger" or more potent validation to the model here though ?

EDIT: I think i have this backwards.. Sorry VB, I have not had my java yet this morning , LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom’s experiments don’t validate the official consensus of science. So…

We are going to need you to move your experiment to the other side of the room and start all over again because we’ve got these other guys who want to use that space.

Universities are political cesspools, if the current administration doesn’t like what your researching they can make it very difficult for you in many ways. However, if some big multinational corporation or government had an interest and was willing to spend piles of cash on it then the science might magically change. There is however no profit for them in pursuing an idea that postulates that consciousness is primary. In fact they very likely fear such ideas as they tend to threaten the current power structure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok thanks VB !

I fully understand your points now
I got some help from Martin :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm beginning to wonder if these experiments will ever in fact be done. How long has it been now? Some researchers just like a regular paycheck. And I don't think the original team had the necessary expertise or commitment. This was all done arse-about-face. The "consciousness primary" team should have been assembled first.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vzam wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:14 am I'm beginning to wonder if these experiments will ever in fact be done.
They won't. Not if they're being run as hobby projects.

Serious science and R&D requires serious financial capital backing. Hence my initial post regarding financing a university lab (let alone two) with "Professional Consultants".
Donations alone are NOT going to cover the cost of a $1,200 per day professional consultant. If a professional consultant is performing the work on a purely voluntary basis, then I can guarantee you they are not personally invested in it.
VirtualBrain wrote: Tom’s experiments don’t validate the official consensus of science. So…

We are going to need you to move your experiment to the other side of the room and start all over again because we’ve got these other guys who want to use that space.

Universities are political cesspools, if the current administration doesn’t like what your researching they can make it very difficult for you in many ways.
This is perfectly valid and simply re-enforces the fact that they couldn't afford the floorspace to begin with. It would make perfect sense if they were allowed to BORROW the floorspace until someone needed it. Someone who could afford it. NOT because they weren't doing "real science".

Additionally, the double slit experiment has been performed HUNDREDS of times across HUNDREDS of universities. It is already conclusive that observation affects the outcome. So the proposed experiments DO re-enforce the current consensus in that observation alters the outcome.

If we want to infer that the experiments will "prove" we live in a VR, then this alone would not be grounds for disrupting Tom's experiments. Know Elon Musk? Well he's spending MILLIONS of $$ on researching "How to get out of this simulation". He might have crazy ideas, yet he commits hard-core to them and simply gets it done. His SpaceX program has already blitzed the capabilities of all international GVT space organisations combined.

Point is, there are enough theoretical papers hypothesising reality as a VR that people with deep pockets are taking it VERY seriously.

Universities are political institutions however this is secondary to their primary function as Intellectual Property factories. By utilising faculty resources, you relinquish IP to the university archives and all you get out of it is a degree and your name on a paper (at significant expense).
VirtualBrain wrote: What you might ask yourself is… Do the experiments in question support the current narrative?
Real science isn't about fitting a narrative. The results of the experiments should be self evident. If they require a narrative, or justification of one, then its not science. Even if we don't like the results we see they should be entirely self-explanatory, with low uncertainty and high/consistent repeatability through independent peer review.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Real science isn't about fitting a narrative.
Agreed. How often is real science suppressed or manipulated to fit a narrative? All the time.

I don’t know if this is the case(suppression/manipulation) with Tom’s experiments, I hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was.

Just sayin.

No doubt it would help to have the kind of funds and resources that Elon has. In that case no university and no middle man of any kind would need to be involved. I guess that’s why he seems to be able to get things done. Maybe if he doesn’t blow it all on Twitter he'll help Tom out. We could send him an email or something. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yes, Elon and Tom are very much on the same side of this

I wonder if Elon knows about Tom's experiments ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Why, has there not been any updates on the experiments ??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is a September update - saying the first experiment will be done within a month.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is a September update - saying the first experiment will be done within a month.
ok thanks
but now its been a little more than 2 months since that one and nothing right ?