A Huge Impact

SilentBill

A Huge Impact

Post by SilentBill »

It took me several tries and a few years but I made it to the end. I had several stops along the way to read about Robert Monroe and several other books to grasp the enormity of it all.

This trilogy has opened my eyes to a new way of being. I have so much I want to share about my experience while reading this. But I will have to write about it later on when I have more time.

All I have to say is I know now what my path in life is and it all started with these books.

Thank you Tom for sharing your experience and your wisdom.
MojiDoji
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by MojiDoji »

SilentBill,

I look forward to reading about your experiences. It sounds like MBT helped you make some profound changes in your life.

Best wishes
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

SilentBill,

I notice that you joined this forum early in July of 2003 -- that makes you one of the first few people on the planet to acquire the MBT trilogy. I agree with Moji; sounds like a very interesting journey -- I hope you will find the time to share some of it with the readers of this forum.

Your experience lends weight to the advice I often give: That speeding through the material is not generally as productive as a slow journey where your personal rate of digestion sets the pace. Gathering all the information in MBT into your intellect is of little value if none seeps down into the depths of your being where intent and understanding take root.

Growing/changing one's being at a fundamental level is not an intellectual process. Changes made at the intellectual level have a tendency to fade like dreams -- leaving little residue in the big Picture.

Tom C
AeroLynda123
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: A Huge Impact

Post by AeroLynda123 »

SilentBill wrote: I have so much I want to share about my experience while reading this. But I will have to write about it later on when I have more time.

All I have to say is I know now what my path in life is and it all started with these books.

Thank you Tom for sharing your experience and your wisdom.
??? SilentBill, where did you go???
RamonThompson
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RamonThompson »

I'm with you Lynda. I would love to hear whatever he gained from the experience. He apparently logged off two minutes after posting that and has not logged in since. He's living up to his moniker, isn't he? : ^ )

Ramon
AeroLynda123
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AeroLynda123 »

Well it doesn't look like Silent Bill is ever returning, so I am going to use his thread to make my one-year update.

Yesterday was one year since I joined the forum, which means it has been just a little over a year since I watched the London Lecture for the first time.

How has my life changed? Well first let me get my ego out of the way by satisfying the one thing it wants me to say. Before MBT, I had done some voluntary proofreading, but never received any recognition for my efforts. Now, thanks to Tom and MBT, I am proud to say I have been mentioned in the acknowledgements of my own favorite book. Along similar lines, I had never built an index for a book before, and now I can say I at least started one.

The biggest, most pleasing change in my life has been finding people I can actually talk to about this stuff. In one of my earliest emails to Tom, I apologized for bugging him, but explained that I had very few people in my life I could talk about this stuff with. I also mentioned that "thankfully, lately, this seems to be changing". Well, it has been changing, in a big and very good way. Having found Ramon and Bette and David and Chris and all the rest of you folks to chat with and exchange ideas is a true blessing in my life. Going to the New York workshop despite the special high intensity training that was happening in my life at the time was one of the greatest, albeit one of the toughest, decisions I've made in the past year. I do not regret it one bit, and look back on it frequently and fondly.

The biggest physical change from MBT was when I tried quitting sugar in May and June. I found it extremely difficult and had to give up, but will try again in the future as I understand sugar may be clouding my consciousness.

I don't know whether the quality of my consciousness has improved, but I am much more interested in remembering my dreams and figuring out what they mean, and I am more present in my interpersonal relationships, since I now understand their importance on my journey.

I believe I am more forgiving, more patient, more understanding, more willing to let things just roll off my back.

I have been experiencing an increased outflow of love for everyone I meet and see, and I no longer care how inappropriate it is to fall in love with every one I meet, I'm doing it anyway. I realize the love I feel may shine out through my eyes when I am looking at someone, and I no longer worry that it will be misinterpreted since so far, apparently, it hasn't. Please note this goes for women as well as men, although I am a devout heterosexual. There are women I love a lot in a totally Platonic way.

Incorporating MBT principles has been fairly easy for me, since it lines right up with what I had already garnered from the Conversations with God material.

I guess to celebrate my one year anniversary, I just want to say thank you, to all of you, but especially Tom, I love you very much.
RamonThompson
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RamonThompson »

Lynda: "The biggest, most pleasing change in my life has been finding people I can actually talk to about this stuff. In one of my earliest emails to Tom, I apologized for bugging him, but explained that I had very few people in my life I could talk about this stuff with. I also mentioned that "thankfully, lately, this seems to be changing". Well, it has been changing, in a big and very good way. Having found Ramon and Bette and David and Chris and all the rest of you folks to chat with and exchange ideas is a true blessing in my life."

It's definitely a blessing. And to think, none of us would know the other existed if it wasn't for Tom's work and the decision to create this website. My thanks to Tom, too.

Ramon
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Fine, I won't have your babies Lynda, this time. :) I love you too.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
AeroLynda123
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AeroLynda123 »

Update at one and a half years (plus a little):

I'm less fearful, more bold. I'm less self-conscious, more Conscious, Aware and Confident in myself.

I'm less aware of myself and more aware of other people. I am more empathic and can put myself in others' shoes slightly more easily.

I've become more intuitive (thank God! I've been praying for that!)

I am motivated to lose weight.

I have set my date to quit smoking (cigarettes, in case anyone was wondering!)

I love Tom more now than ever, but I am also now no longer jealous of Pamela.

Having now met her twice, having eaten dinner with her in both NYC and NC, having heard about her kids and grandkids, being accepted as her friend on Facebook, having talked to her on the phone and by email, The One is no longer so Intimidating to me!

Pamela is a wonderful soul who Tom deserves and vice versa. THEY are a match made in Heaven. What was I thinking, 18 months ago, being Jealous of The One?

No wonder he put that in the book that way! I bet he knew wacko women would fall in love with him all the time! Right Bette? Even having put it in the book about The One, you still asked if he was married :)

Edit: 05-08-11 12:12AM
My fears are dropping away, and I am seemingly more able to identify fear in others.

Edit 5-10-11 12:58AM
Not only my fears in life but a lot of silly fears I used to have at work, and fears about doing stupid things on computers.

The only reason I used to do stupid things was because I tried to go faster than the computer could keep up with. Also I sometimes still look at the keys, so if a pop-up comes up, I might not see it and just keep typing away.

I'm realizing there is a lot of truth in corny old expressions like "Haste makes Waste" A Stitch in Time Saves Nine, Waste Not Want Not and A place for everything and everything in its place.

And so forth.

I feel like my inner eyes are opening.

Love,
Lynda
AeroLynda123
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AeroLynda123 »

Today is the 5th anniversary of the day I joined the forum. Wow, the time has flown by! Last night i had a dream about the Massachusetts MBT group I formed in 2011. I dreamed we had reached about a hundred members, mostly female, and we had all gathered on a hill outside for a meetup. A guy in scuba gear came by and, as an outsider, I thought he would be the perfect person to take a group photo. I went back to get my camera out of my car. No idea why the group members in my dream were mostly female since in real life, it's quite the opposite! Maybe because I told someone yesterday at my work that our customers are almost all female.
I don't spend as much time here on the forum as in the first year or two, but I am active in the Facebook groups and still very interested in Tom's work and related material. Our group is still going strong and meeting very regularly.
Weight loss and quitting smoking are still in the back of my mind.
I will try to think of other relevant stuff for my five year update!

Return to “How MBT affected me”