Any Similar Experiences?

ErinMcCulley

Any Similar Experiences?

Post by ErinMcCulley »

Well, I was hoping someone out there might have some insight for me. When I start to have a spontaneous OOBE, I get what I like to call The Fear. I do not get the same feeling with an intentional OOBE, however. I can only discribe it as intense horror like nothing I have ever felt while centered in PMR. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the similarity to death - i.e. your conciousness leaving your body. If I manage to get past this very intense feeling, everything tends to be okay. Any thoughts?
Also, while in NPMR I have heard voices - not necessarily like the ones Tom described in Book 1. What I heard was a jumbled mix of whispers. I never made them out clearly. However, this was during an OOBE that occured only days after I suffered severe head trauma. Perhaps that is what caused it. Anyone have any ideas?
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

Erin,

The fear you are encountering is probably a mixture of the fear of death or the unknown mixed with the fear of not being in control. Probably more the latter than the former. Another possibility is that the fear reaction is being impressed upon you from outside. Could be many reasons for that.

The jumbled whispers you describe were probably overheard and not directed to you or intended for you to hear -- that is why they were not clear. Their content probably concerned you, that is why you tuned in the first place. Could be other explanations as well.

Tom

Return to “How MBT affected me”