Return Home
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:26 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I have read many books and spent time in different systems. My cultural beliefs have never been scrutinized like I am scrutinizing them now. I just finished Chapter 23 in Book 1. My western cultural heritage absolutely demands that I DO something. Only in MBT have I seen such an in-depth and needed discussion about our closely held beliefs and cultural systems and the burdens they can place on us in our search for a larger reality.

I have been inspired by the lively discussions in the book to commit to meditation in a sincere and consistent way. I also now am working on what I AM versus what I DO. I know I have a long way to go (like learning a musical instrument) but I am very excited by the fact that I now know that I cannot change my being simply by changing my physical actions. When I write it, the words seem somewhat trivial but for me it represents a paradigm shift.

The book can be deep sometimes and I will reread certain sections to make sure I was comprehending. That being said, more than once I have laughed out loud as I thought the author was reading my thoughts. I have certainly enjoyed the book so far, it often feels like it was written just for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom,

See the reply I posted to Jeremy under this same topic. He didn't take me up on it but perhaps you will.

Sounds like your journey through MBT-land is off to a good start. Your ability to appreciate the personal significance of this fundamental paradigm shift bodes well for the ultimate value of your journey. Many more such paradigm shifts await you as you work your way through the rest of MBT. If you grasp them all as well as you have apparently grasped this one, your reality along with your personal practical capacity to grow your being will be greatly expanded. The key, as you have discovered, is not to rush by nodding in intellectual agreement as you read because the ideas presented seem to make sense, but rather to dig in deeply and appreciate what each concept, each paradigm shift means to you personally. This sort of personal exploration, if done thoroughly, takes time, but the time required is likely to turn out to be one of your better investment opportunities.

Like "the little engine that could", keep chugging!

Tom