Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have already read the first book (Awakening). In fact, I read section 2 twice due to its complexity and the fact that I found it extremely interesting and enlightning.

Digital physics, AUM, quantized time and space, TBC, PMR, NPMR, ... and the mixture of computing science, metaphysics, science and philosophy. This is simply the best book I have read in my entire life. Before this, the best book I had read had been Robert Monroe's "Journeys out of the body". It's just as if "My big TOE" had been written for me! I am a person who is very interested in science, physics, biology, computer science, psychology, philosophy and what's beyond this PMR life. Finding this book containing exactly the same mixture of interests that have been bouncing 24/7 in my mind for years is a very odd sensation. In fact, after watching "Animatrix", I had been pondering on a daily basis to what extent all this we call reality could very well be just a simulation. Finding this book that gives a solid theory about our being digital simulations created "inside" another simulation, and we ourselves participating in the process creating computer AI in a similar fashion as AUM creates NPMR and NPMR creates PMR gives me the sensation of having been lost throughout all my lifetime and, right now, at this moment, having the opportunity of seeing light at the end of the tunnel in my quest for the TRUTH.

I have been reading section 3 but I feel that, at this moment, it's becoming quite boring and somewhat uncomfortable to read. For an ego-driven narcissist like me, it's very difficult to change to low-ego mode. In fact, everything I've intellectually accomplished throughout my life has been the result of my ego pulling me by my bootstraps and making me study hard. Were it not for my ego I wouldn't have made a 1/100 of all the intellectual improvements I have made. This way, getting rid of my ego, besides uncomfortable, I don't know to what extent might be convenient. Should I lose every hope of exploring NPMR given my narcissistic personality? Moreover, most psycholigists agree when it comes to stating that Narcissistic Personality Disorder cannot be "cured" and one has to live with it. Isn't there a small chance that, even remaining a narcissist with an ego-driven modus operandi, I can get enough improvements to experience Truth and get to explore NPMR and know who and what I am, where I came from, explore other dimensions, etc.?

To be honest, I feel that I'm not ready to "chew" chapter 3 at this moment, since what's prescribed to increase the quality of one's consciousness is just the opposite of the way I feel and behave. Yes, I have to admit that I am a being driven by fear and that fear limits oneself to little picture thought... but how can one not be afraid in a chaotic PMR where there are gazillions of possibilities of horrible suffering (we just have to look around us at wars, accidents, hunger, terminal illnesses, aging, etc.)? This way, having thoroughly read section 2, I have decided to move to section 4 and have already began to read it, since, at this moment getting more technical knowledge about AUM and how it works is very comfortable and I like that kind of scientific explanations. Do you think that skipping section 3 and reading section 4 instead is going to be "bad" for my development? Not that I am not going to read section 3 soon, it's just that I felt I wasn't making any progress and was beginning to feel completely out-of-focus with what I was reading and going to section 4 has renewed my enthusiasm and, therefore, decreased my entropy! Then, shouldn't it be coherent moving to section 4 at this moment?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 am 
Curator
Curator

quamta,

My you do gallop ahead! There is more to be said about ego as Tom discusses it in section 3. Keep in mind that words are symbols based on symbols based on symbols, . . . The concept of ego based on Freud's early work is not the sum and total of things, even from Freud's point of view. Tom seemed more concerned with egotism and the feeling that "I" am at the center of reality and it's all about me (and is all the rest and all of you really out there anyway). Self knowledge can be real, just not common. And part of what you have to learn from MBT is what the nature of your existence is really like. And what are you really like as a mind/being/individuated consciousness. Being limited by feelings of egotism interfere in this quest. Don't feel that section 3 amounts to a personal attack.

Also don't try to get into thinking about reducing/increasing your entropy. It is basically an automatic process and not subject to rapid fluctuation. Don't worry about it at all. Just work on getting through this PMR life as profitably as you can in terms of learning about understanding yourself and the nature of reality. And personal relations and interactions are what count, not intellectual learning. The purpose of PMR life is the interactions between the beings participating, not how many toys you have at the end of the game or what your intellectual accomplishments are at the end. In the sports metaphor, win or loose, it's all about how you play the game. How do you treat others. How do you deal with the problems and interpersonal relationships of your PMR life. Figuring out that the answer to life, the universe and all is 42 is nothing compared to figuring out what the question really is.

And remember that free will is a cental point of reality. Yours and others and dealing with the inevitable conflicts. But you specifically have the free will to read the book in any order you want, or to stop now. I understand your present joy of discovery. It has been shared by many of us. But the depths of understanding keep going on and on. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Ted Vollers

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quanta,

You will understand Section 4 and 5 more thoroughly after you have read Section 3.

The rest of Section 3 is not like the part that is causing you the difficulty. I suggest you skip to the next chapter in Section 3 -- if that is still discomforting, then skip to the next one after that. You will shortly find that most of Section 3 will return to feeling like it was written just for you. As you read, if you find an offending paragraph here or there, just either grind on through it or skip to the next paragraph. After you have reached the end of section 6, give it a few months to settle -- read over this discussion group's Q & A and become active if you have questions or issues. Then reread MBT -- all or just the sections and paragraphs that you skipped -- you will find at that time that most, if not all, the sting is gone -- the challenge remains, but now you will feel that the growth needed to meet that challenge is within your grasp. Reading MBT will be a growing experience for you -- it will change you -- the you that reads it a second time will be a different you. Repeat as necessary with long pauses between iterations.

Quanta: "Isn't there a small chance that, even remaining a narcissist with an ego-driven modus operandi, I can get enough improvements to experience Truth and get to explore NPMR and know who and what I am, where I came from, explore other dimensions, etc.?"

The answer is a resounding "YES!, of course there is." Furthermore, the chance is only as small as the effort you put in. Your narcissism may not be the block you imagine it to be. Evolution and growth are very adaptable processes. Though you growth path may be somewhat different than most, there is no doubt a way for you to achieve the understanding of Big Truth you wish to achieve and to explore the larger reality. There is a way, your own unique way -- you simply must find it by staying focused and putting in the effort required.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you very much for your replies.

I have finally read Section 4, but, in order to consolidate what I have read so far, now I am reading Section 2 again. I hope this gives me enough stamina and motivation to go through section 3 and, from there, to section 4 again. I work better when I use a layer-reading method, so that's what I'm using.

These days, I am in the process of accepting the idea that I am kind of a character in a video-game and that none of this is "real". In order to do this, I don't have to make much effort, since I have been for years considering the implications of the concepts presented in movies like "animatrix", in which the characters are part of a virtual reality and their degree of personal development gives some of them the ability to "trascend" that fake reality and wake up in the real reality. By the way, reading all this has renewed my interest in object oriented programming and I am in the process of reading a Java book. I had been trying to learn how to program for years, but I had always given up... but this time it seems that I can understand it better, since, when reading about classes and objects, I understood the concept very well thinking about "me" as an object of the class "human being".

For the time being, I'm going to re-read sections 2-4 and, while doing it, I will reflect about several issues like the "psi uncertaintity principle", Ego, clasess and objects, Artificial Intelligence, simulations, PMR physics and its limits, etc. When I'm done with such sections 2-4, I will post again in order to go on discussing some of the topics of this and the other thread I created. I will also speak about many of the problems I have been having with meditation for several years and ask for advice of how to improve this situation.

Thomas, thank you very much for writing these books. I'm sure they are the bootstraps-pulling-aid that I had been needing for half my life. Being able to discuss with you these topics is a honour to me.