Psi uncertainty

Dale
Normal User
Normal User

Psi uncertainty

Post by Dale »

I'm a new member on this board, and I have read the 1st book of MBT and a few of the posts here. I've experienced a number of psi events personally, though I maintain a skeptical view of most psi activity. Why is it that psi activity is so difficult to control, at least it appears that way to me. It happens when it happens, it seems. There is only one time (just recently) that I actually intended for it to occur. And then it was quite surprising when the answer to my question came in both a visual and auditory modality. All other occurrences have come unbidden in dreams or as a surprises during the waking state. Is this something that can be developed? Or will I always be waiting and wondering if another occurrence will come?
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Psi uncertainty

Post by twcjr »

Dale,

Yes, control can be developed. Your experiences are out of control because your focused intent is out of control. Your focused intent is out of control because of fear, ego, beliefs, and a lack of practice. Much of the fear, ego, and beliefs that create this problem lie beneath the reach of your intellect -- i.e., they reside beyond your awareness. That is why gaining control is a slow bootstrapping process of expanding awareness and competency.

Tom C
Dale
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dale »

Thanks for the reply. I'm hopeful that some of my precognitive insights will be more controllable. It's frustrating when a spate of dreams or waking insights occur, only to be followed by extremely long dry spells, of nothing.

Sometimes, I have a lucid dream and I am confronted by an opposing entity which threatens to block my questions. Once, it appeared as a wasp, and communicated it's intent to sting me, waking me before I could access the information I wanted to know. I could not escape it's gaze, following me everywhere I attempted to go.

But usually the frustration is just the fact that no dreams occur, months or even years have gone by with no events happening (or perhaps they are not being allowed). Do you think that it's the type of information I am trying to access which causes these dry spells or active resistance by other entities?

Do you know if any studies have been done on the success of trying to access certain kinds of information? I'm not talking about personal gain here, I wouldn't mind getting a list of lottery numbers mind you, or a great stock tip. But, I have tried to discover future events for certain individuals like some acquaintances, or even something out of the headlines.

Should I be pressing my search elsewhere for information not likely to have adverse effects?
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Dale (and to the attention of MojiDoji),

Sounds like you met up with Don Juan's gnat, the guardian of the other world. {From one of Carlos Castaneda's books. I think "The Teachings of don Juan: a Yaqui way of knowledge", if you don't know the reference, Dale.}
Dale
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dale »

Thanks, Ted, I haven't read Castaneda. But I Googled it just now. I read about the gnat a bit. The wasp I encountered was content to leave me in my lucid dream, as long as I didn't ask the wrong questions. Had it transformed into a 100 ft gnat, I'm sure I would not have been able to maintain that state. But it was there, and it was very clear to me that the threatened sting was on a hair trigger. All I had to do was form the wrong question in my mind, and I was going to be shocked out of the lucid dream. Like having a gun pointed at my head, I was toast. This was unlike any other lucid dream I had previously had. In fact, I had achieved a great deal of control in previous dreams. I discovered that I could do many things, fly, pass through walls, converse with other entities. Time and space were no barrier. Anywhere, and anywhen was possible. Several entities put me through my paces at one point, testing me a bit, causing time distortions to see if I could handle that. I thought I did fine. The wasp was a different sort of test, or more like a line in the sand. Don't go there, I won't let you. Oh, and speaking of Castaneda's methods, these dreams are completely drug free.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Dale,

You don't think that this was just a variant on some kind of generalized guardian? The kind of thing that is traditionally encountered in everything from grail quests on through initiations and rites of passage?

I never got anywhere with OOBE myself. It seemed to come down to just playing around to see if I could do it and I seemed to be blocked so I didn't get locked into that as an excessive entertainment. Getting information seems to be tricky between things the source can't know because of involved probabilities, things contrary to the maintainance of the free will of others and things that I was not supposed to mess with in the path of my PMR life. I have had plenty of things in my life to demonstrate that the MBT metaphysics is the reality without OOBE, etc. To the extent that information will interfere with your experiencing the full path of your pre planned life and the extent that it interacts intricately with others in ways that are significant and should not be tampered with, information can get hard to obtain. We are supposed to still continue to act within our PMR life as if our PMR life is the only reality, even when we learn that it is not. It does help to release fear in knowing that our PMR is a virtual reality and no matter what happens, we don't die and failure with the lessons learned is not failure. So we can 'do the right thing' without fear.

Ted
Dale
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Dale »

Well, I'm really not very sure how much the rules can be stretched, what is allowed and not allowed. More recently I have been thinking, "Can one person make a difference?" Can I know information which would permit me to warn someone in PMR of a bad outcome? Can that outcome be avoided?

In one case, I was given such information. And, I did nothing with it. There wasn't a lot of time, only 6 hours or so of advance notice. If I had called the police, or directly traveled to the location myself, I probably would have spent time in interrogation. "How could I know that information?" "Was I involved in the crime?" Or, I might possibly have been killed. It was a mind bending experience at the time.

I think this event was my wake up call. I was being prodded into awareness of wider realities. With little time to act and no prior experience I would not have been in a position to "make a difference". Maybe this is possible, though. Part of my intended PMR existence. But I can't help if I'm just sitting on the bench. And I can't help if I don't have the courage to speak up.
Stroker
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Stroker »

Dale: "I'm really not very sure how much the rules can be stretched, what is allowed and not allowed. More recently I have been thinking, "Can one person make a difference?" Can I know information which would permit me to warn someone in PMR of a bad outcome? Can that outcome be avoided?

I think its best to learn the rules as they apply to us personally by stretching them and watching what happens. Our limits change as we grow. We each make a difference by working on ourselves. We are part of the web of life and our evolution affects everyone we interact with in some small way. I have had premonitions where I was able to contact the person involved, warn them and get them to listen, with mixed results. It changed the pattern of events, but then it seemed to move that way later anyway like it was part of their life they needed to live. Do what your heart tells you Dale, with caution. Maybe the probabilities I did change had a positive effect, all I know is I followed my heart when my head told me not to and felt I did the right thing. But I didn't risk my life, just my job. Still a hard choice. I don't think its a matter of courage. More like the wisdom to guess when you should speak up, and when its just in your face proof of the larger reality. Tough call.
always, John

Return to “Psi & The paranormal”