Return Home
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: An Introduction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:34 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have become a regular visitor to the forum and at first felt way out of my depth - I am neither a scientist nor a computer whiz, but I do have an interest in the link between physics and spirituality.

A brief outline:

When I was younger, I used to see auras. When I asked my parents what these were, I was told it was just my imagination. I gradually ‘grew out' of it, but am learning to ‘see' again.

I always felt that I was the only person who really existed, that I didn't really belong in my body and that I was just looking out and observing and not properly interacting. I was often told to stop daydreaming. I remember trying to discuss how I felt with one of my schoolmates who just told me I was ‘weird'.

I have a memory from when I was very, very young (maybe 3-4 years old?), although until a few years ago it didn't click that this was an actual memory. I didn't discuss it with anyone due to its bizarre nature and it is difficult to express. To put it directly, I believe that I was abducted and put into a glass-like tube/cage and electrodes placed on my genitalia. That's all - I have no other details. I have had this memory with me for as long as I can remember and I believe that I was too young to have seen anything like this on TV or other kind of media back then (I am 40 now). About 5 years ago I did a search on the internet to see if there was something out there, or someone who had the same experience and I found a diagram of my exact memory. It shook me to the core, I cried - to me it was confirmation that I wasn't ‘nuts'; somebody else had experienced this. I can't find the diagram anymore - you can imagine what a search for the keywords picks up! The glass or Perspex tube appears to be common amongst alien abduction reports, however.

I have suffered from depression in the past through trying to ‘fit in' and be someone I am not, someone acceptable and ‘normal'. I have had two violent marriages, been addicted to drugs and attempted suicide on a number of occasions, although these were cries for help with no real intent to die!

Where am I now? I have a secretarial job which pays well, but this path is no longer for me. I have been attuned to Reiki, am retraining to be an aromatherapist, crystal healer* and stress management counsellor; I want to help people to help themselves and I feel this will also help with my interaction with others. I express gratitude for everything I have, and everything I will have in the future. I rarely complain - I look on the bright side and try to see the positive in everything. I cherish my experiences and hope I learn from them. I am ME, finally, and very happy to be so.

How has MBT affected me? I'm only part way through Book 2, but I would say that in the main MBT is confirmation for me that I am not insane, that what I see and feel is not just in my imagination, as was ingrained in me for so long! Any questions I have always seem to be answered within the next couple of pages - every single time - and this makes me laugh every single time too!

I still have a lot to learn, I still have fears and ego responses. I'm experimenting and experiencing. I am also very grateful for having the opportunity to be open here without (here comes the ego response) fear of being judged.

Cherie, I would like to expressly thank you - without your very honest and open posts, a lot of the content of which I can relate to, I'm not sure I could have shared this!

* Crystal healing - I remain skeptical as to whether the crystals on their own have healing properties after reading MBT so far. However, for me they are a great focus for my intent.

Post subject: Re: An Introduction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Goldie 296,(Big Hug)
Welcome to the forum. I too was a frequent visitor to the forum and you say:
"I have become a regular visitor to the forum and at first felt way out of my depth - I am neither a scientist nor a computer whiz, but I do have an interest in the link between physics and spirituality."

The level of intellect here frightens the life out of me! It's awesome at times but take what you can and don't worry about the rest, not understanding the technical side of things will not affect your growth one Iota (Thats one half of a smidgeon I think Tom said...!)
It is really interesting to hear other peoples experiences and especially how they have found that Toms' Toe has affected them. It explains so much, and makes sense of this crazy world we live in.
(Hitchikers guide to PMR?)

I don't have a background in either science or computers but like you have always been interested in the link between physics and spirituality. You have touched lucky to have found these books and I am always reminded of the old saying "when the pupil is ready the teacher will appear.." for me this has proved to be so true. Though Tom advocates finding out for yourself, he and all of the other members of this forum will be more than happy to answer any questions.(Just don't start them on techincal questions! PLEASEE!) I've yet to ask Tom a question he cannot answer.
Don't let me persuade you one way or another ,read the books again and again and make your own mind up,
You have obviously had a lot of lessons in life,I always think the more lessons you have the more chance there is of you "graduating".Which is the reason we decided to attend this "school" in the first place (Wasn't expecting quite so much homework though!)
Good luck with your plans for the future,which everone it is 'cos theres lots and lots of possibilities.

Cherie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Goldie296,

Welcome to the MBT forum. Now that you have started posting, please continue to do so. Dont be intimidated by the intellectual tone -- the intellect is only a tool -- one that can sometimes help and sometimes get in the way. Experience is the real teacher and learning how to be (growing up) is quite a bit different than intellectual learning.

You'll fit in very well here. It is obvious that you have always had some awareness of a larger reality -- and though that may make you weird in the eyes of those who have no such awareness, in this group it just makes you seem more in touch at a fundamental level.

Tom C

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Goldie296,

Hello, welcome, and thank you for sharing. I found your story inspiring and hope to hear more as you continue through the books and thereafter. It takes real courage and desire to overcome those sorts of experiences and your attitude is admirable.

"I have become a regular visitor to the forum and at first felt way out of my depth - I am neither a scientist nor a computer whiz..."

Intellectuals are drawn to Theories of Everything like flies to poop. We want to analyze, synthesize, and reconceptualize. We have a specific language, methodology, and desire to understand on our own terms. But for many intellectuals, this is all there is. When we are uncertain about something, we have this desire (or even compulsion) to try to understand it (to remove the anxiety that comes with the unknown). And since Tom appears to be the real deal to many of us, we want him to think of us as being smart because he is the real deal (the alpha intellect, if you will). So while some of us like to come here and talk to Tom about his staggeringly simple and brilliant theory in the language of our intellects (logic, science, and reason), sometimes we aren't getting much more than better intellectual understanding of My Big TOE (especially if we are motivated by the desire for Tom's approval). But as you seem to understand, My Big TOE's value isn't just about understanding the ins and outs of this lovely theory - it's about something very different indeed. Can you imagine just concentrating on the descriptive value of Tom's theory so that the mechanics of the universe make more sense in light of scientific observations? It's like watching a brilliantly acted play and only talking about the words the actors said, or describing Moonlight Sonata to someone by telling them all of the notes that are in it. I don't think anyone here is really doing anything like that, but hopefully you can see my point.

So do all of us (the intellectuals) a favor and post. We need some of what you've got and we'll never get "it" if we don't hear from you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:18 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Cherie: "When the pupil is ready the teacher will appear"

There is a gap in my intro - I hopped from my period of total despair to where I am now. I will attempt to fill in this gap a little.

On 26 December 1999 I had a wake up call. At this stage, I hit rock bottom - I was totally lost - I had a piece of glass and was slashing my arms with it and 'painting' with my own blood. Then I heard a voice, whether it was inside of me or outside of me I have no idea, it could have been a sense of a voice, but it said to me, "What are you doing, you are an intelligent woman, get out of this situation". And I did. In one fell swoop, I left my husband, went cold turkey and began to, well, pull myself up by my bootstraps, I would say is the best way to describe it.

I seemed to have a knowing that I needed to experience all these things in my life, that that was what life was all about, experiencing and learning. And then the teachers began to appear, slowly at first and then came a short period where I was bombarded with them! A few examples...

When I met my current partner in 2002, I used to ask him to 'stop talking particles at me' - my introduction to quantum physics - now he jokingly says the same thing to me when I get going!

People began to recommend reading material I wouldn't normally have had an interest in. Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan books being one recommendation from somebody very persistent who insisted I 'must' read them. Ted Vollers mentioned in another thread about Don Juan's gnat - this made me chuckle as I was only thinking about this gnat just yesterday!

Other recommendations that came my way were Neal Donald Walsch's 'Conversations with God', the docudrama 'What the Bleep do we Know', followed not long after by The Secret documentary. (If anybody is familiar with these, I would be interested to hear your views). I began to 're-program' my way of thinking and watch out for synchronicities/signs.

A few months ago I began to get drawn towards remote viewing. (I'd briefly read bits and pieces about this). This is when I found Tom's Coast to Coast interview... which took me to the UK lectures, which took me to Amazon for the MBT trilogy and here I am.

I hope I have filled that gap now, it has been an incredible journey so far and yet I sense this is just the beginning of something even more incredible. I have begun to try the meditation techniques as described in Book 1, Chapter 23 - I have a notebook to hand to jot down my observations. (I know, no analysing). I don't do nearly as much meditation as I want to at the moment (not so much privacy) but next month I move into a bigger house and will have my own private 'sanctuary'.

Tom: "Don't be intimidated by the intellectual tone"

I wouldn't say I'm so much 'intimidated' by the intellectual tone overall. I do, however, sometimes get a little confused with scientific and technical 'jargon'.

Moji: "We want to analyze, synthesize, and reconceptualize"

I am fortunate to have not lost my childlike questioning... I am always asking 'why, when, what' until it appears logical. I am someone who refused to watch Star Wars until a few years ago, because starting at Episode 3 seemed illogical :)

Goldie (Jane)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:35 am 
Curator
Curator

Goldie,

You seem to be experiencing a very choreographed life, as I call them. Lots of turning points with major direction changes. Tom has said that they are not too common, but I suspect that they are relatively common in the group that finds it's way to the MBT world and remains active in these interactions. I have experienced these kinds of pre set up changes and improbabilities in my own life. When you read the autobiographical material early in MBT that Tom included, you will see that Tom has also had such a life.

If you read all of MBT as quickly as possible and continue interacting within the discussion group, I think you can find plenty of teachers, even besides Tom. I seem to learn things constantly from the discussion threads and the ideas and experiences of others. And members are always coming up with ideas that help me to understand more. They can be hard to follow at times as you say. As an engineer, my contact with things like quantum physics and such has been very limited, especially with getting out of grad school in the early 70s. You will surely add positively to the balance around here.

As far as not losing a childlike questioning, I suspect that it has nothing to do with being childlike. We just don't really change as we get past our adolescence. Not too surprising to me as we are not our PMR age but rather our NPMR age and possessing most of our so called higher self aspects if we can just get past the programmed in confusions and delusions, seeing through a glass darkly, that set us up for the PMR lifetime that was planned for us. It sounds like you are on that path.

Ted Vollers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jane,(Goldie)
What a sad and strong life you have led.You are living proof of the NMPR help that is available if we learn to listen to it. I never did,until now.(Don't know if they are still speaking to me though,would you if I had ignored you for most of my life!)
It is wonderful to hear that you really do seem to have turned your life around and are now set to take on whatever is waiting for you. I do not have an addicitive personality(Well maybe sugar.. see other post "Cheries' progress!") and I have never really understood how people could become dependant on drugs and alcohol, just say no! Well now my own son is on drugs and drinks alcohol like lemonade and for the first time I understand. He is so sad inside that it is his way of dealing with life. He has inherited my Bi-polar and he cannot cope without these things.
Hearing about your life makes me believe that maybe he will be able to cope and overcome his problems.
I am trying to help him anyway I can, unfortunately he is very dsylexic and cannot read so I try to explain things to him from MBT and let him use my Gateway experience cd's (He said they sounded like the traffic on M25!) but I know he has to reach rock bottom first ,like you did ,before he can start to pull himself up.Thats the bit I am worried about,what if he is not as strong as you and "opts out" .
Not long ago my next door neighbour over here walked in to find her 23 year old son dead on the sofa from a deliberate drug overdose.
It seems to be endemic. There is definately something wrong with this world if suicide seems to be the answer.Maybe this PMR has to reach rock botton too before it really starts to make progress.Looks like you have already contributed to that progress.
Well done.
Cherie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Ted,

It certainly does seem as though my life has been choreographed. When I look back at things and places I've seen, I realise now that these were analogous to huge signposts saying 'This Way' to the path I now find myself on. Had I followed the signs, maybe I could have reached this path much earlier in my life. Of course, I can only see this with hindsight - I didn't see/chose to ignore the signs back then.

Saying that, I'm here now and I think the diversion I did take to get here was probably more beneficial to my growth than somebody holding my hand and pointing the way.

As for reading MBT as quickly as possible... Book 1 went down a treat; Book 2 I am finding I need to spend more time over and have just reached the middle - although I probably will rush them and then start to read them all over again!

As I've been lurking here a while, I have realised that all of you have a lot to offer - your website has also been in my bookmarks since I found this forum. :)

Cherie,

Sad? Yes, at the time - but once I worked out what was to be learnt from it, it became a success story. Strong? Yes, I chose to be strong when it really mattered! And I was fortunate to realise that I did have that choice when it really mattered.

Yes, I would speak to anybody, even if they'd ignored me all their life, if I could see that they were sincere in their willingness to help themselves. This, I get from my parents. My mother had practically disowned me when I was on drugs - as soon as she saw that I was scrambling to get out of the hole I had created for myself, she was the first one to throw me the rope ladder!

I'm fortunate with my children. My daughter is 20 and I believe she has learnt a lot from my experiences (as she was there for most of them). When she was 16, we went through a pretty bad patch, but then we both seemed to 'get it' at the same time and we became the closest we've ever been. This is getting stronger, she called me the other day and I recommended MBT to her - when I explained what it was about, she said "Wow! You've moved on even more.. you're evolving!"

My son is 13 and lives with his father and I try not worry about him, although the environment he is in is far from ideal for my liking. His father still takes drugs and drinks and they live on a pretty rough council estate. My son does seem to be very switched on and he's very loving - he goes to drama school and is a bit of a 'lovey' - so I can but hope!

Your son is lucky that he has a caring mum like you on his side - it can make all the difference!

Sugar and caffeine: Since starting to read MBT, I've cut down to one sugar in my tea/coffee, instead of two - have you tried decaf? When I'm being really good, I stick to herbal infusions with a drop of honey. My diet does actually leave a lot to be desired. And being a Brit too (originally from Manchester - fellow Northerner!) I'm very partial to a drop of PG!

Jane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:52 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Brief update:

I have finished the Trilogy and now I want to read it all over again! Book 2 was a little tricky for me. I didn't skip anything, although I did skim! Book 3 was easier for me to relate to.

Since I started Book 3, I have been having very lucid dreams and remembering them in the morning. I had a mild 'nightmare' the other night; when I woke up I got the sense that it was where I would have been had I made just one different choice in my life - this took away the 'nightmare' label for me. I used to try to analyse my dreams, now I'm just accepting them. I'm not sure whether my dreams are related to my reading MBT or due to PMR being a little frantic of late (moving house, having family to stay, changes at work). What is obvious to me though is that where previously I had difficulty getting off to sleep (thinking too much about stuff that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things), stilling my mind has become a lot easier and I drift off quite quickly now :)

My interactions with people are becoming easier too - whereas previously I would have declined a meal out with my colleagues, last night I actually went along. My intent was to have a bit of fun and that's just what I did - even when the topic of conversation turned to quite a heated discussion about who would win a fight between Superman, Spiderman and the X-men and I felt a little despair creeping in, I managed to pull myself up by my bootstraps, smile and remind myself that everyone is on their own path.

Jane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Way to go Jane -- sounds all very positive -- like you are well on your way to a better state of being.

Take your time to rebuild -- slow and sure and steady works best -- venture out as you feel ready -- be fearless -- there will be tests to see if you will revert to old paradigms -- but you should do fine.

Many people have reported that they have an increase in lucid dreams and other psi experiences after reading MBT. I think MBT may pry open the possibilities a tad -- creating a wider opening for new experiences to slip through.

The second reading should be much easier than the first and you may find some things you never noticed before.

Good to hear from you. Keep us informed.

Tom C

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jane,
Just a quick reply but something you said really resonated with me
Goldie.
" even when the topic of conversation turned to quite a heated discussion about who would win a fight between Superman, Spiderman and the X-men and I felt a little despair creeping in, I managed to pull myself up by my bootstraps, smile and remind myself that everyone is on their own path.!

I am constantly distincing myself from people, because I found the banal converstions too much. I mean who really cares about the actions of jumped up movies stars or there wives? Footballers ability to score a goal etc. I am otherwise known as a "Party pooper" a kill joy" and a "miserable B----" I live in my head,and along with the chemical imbalances there it makes for interesting discussions with myself.
I feel very isolated from the mainstream because of these trivial interactions between people.
Thats why I love this forum you can talk about things that are important to existence and growth.
I know the next stage is where you are at now.
Goldie."smile and remind myself that everyone is on their own path.!"
I do not feel superior in any way ,honestly, just bored with the chit chat and I want to shake them all up and get them to think about life and living but when they have just spent the last few hours telling you all about their plans for their new conservatory along with all the accompanying decor colours and how it will improve thier lives I just feel sad...
I wish we could all get through to people like Tom and Ted do. Different styles completly but between them they are doing a fantastic job of spreading the word... God I sound like a cult member !
Ultimately I want people to stop hurting each other (And of course the animals!)and become all that we are capable of becoming.
I'll start with me and stop abusing check out girls!
cherie
xxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hope they said the answer is Superman.
It is helpful to remind oneself that everyone is on their own path. If we are truly composed of and spawned from the same consciousness (AUM) then every other being should be treated as if you are meeting yourself through yourself so to speak. Kind words and gestures can help them along just as much as telling them of the larger reality unless they are at the stage of development that brings them to that point. Then the conversation flows naturally and easily. By constantly distancing yourself from people, because you found the banal converstions too much, some meaningful and possibly mutually beneficial interaction might be missed. There is always some room for fun and games in life. I used to think from reading that we were trapped here almost in punishment for falling from grace eons ago. That's not the case in my mind any more. Learning and growth is the key. Find it where you will. Meet people where they are, like Tom, and the way to "shake them up" might become clear.
Ramon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom -thank you again for your encouragement - it means a lot!

Ramon - I believe they finally agreed Superman was an 'alien' and therefore exempt from the fight - hehe.

Cherie - I too have been distancing myself from PMR interaction due to boredom with seeming mundanities. I'm fortunate that I have my boyfriend to have deep and meaningful conversations with. The other day we had a debate about the brain and consciousness... he was seeing things from the PMR aspect and was digging his heels in. I was grateful to be able to come on here, do a quick search for 'brain and consciousness' and find exactly what I was looking for and let him read it for himself. He hasn't actually commented on it yet. He's reading a book on spirituality and quantum physics at the moment, "Taking the Quantum Leap" by Fred Alan Wolf, so I'm not going to force MBT on him, however tempted I might be. He'll read it when the time is right, I'm sure.

If you ever want a 'girlie' chat minus the handbags, shoes, lipstick and soap operas - feel free to message me privately.

Jane
x