Return Home
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shawn,

"... I take the time to notice it as much as I can and am working on seeing it more. "

That is exactly what you should be doing. Awareness of what already exists and is interactive with us is what we are building here. It’s all there (NPMR and our interaction with it) for everyone all the time — always available to us and interacting with us -- we just need to first become aware of it and then learn how to become operative with it (how to use and interact with it profitably). You are on the right track and apparently doing very well. Just keep doing what you are doing and follow your intuition.

Remember though to always test the credibility and realness of what you experience. Do experiments to test the realness and operational value of your experiences -- that they originate outside of you and independent of you and follow a logic and causality of their own. Always be skeptical and test your assumptions. For example, perhaps some unconscious part of you heard the knocking at the door (through physical ears) and woke you up (though you knew not why) whereupon you listened and heard the knocking consciously (as opposed to subconsciously) for the first time. Continue to collect the data but remain skeptical until you have hard evidence of what’s going on. You obviously do this naturally (sort fact from fiction) reasonably well or you wouldn't be having the experiences you are having — however, constant purposeful vigilance is required — it’s hard to be too careful and easy to make assumptions (reach conclusions based on too little data). False assumptions become limitations.

You are doing great — your path toward greater awareness appears to be a very promising one — keep exploring and working at it with determination and patients. Experience and good science will continually deliver deeper understanding and more consciousness control. Eventually you will become the master of your own consciousness and your intent will be in the driver’s seat — a condition well worth working towards.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:10 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Tom,

Thanks a bunch for the info and advice. I felt like I was on the right track, so it's good to hear that I am. I will certainly work on finding ways of testing what I experience so I don't make false assumptions.

I can see that when I am thinking about/working on something in PMR, I end up seeing it at night in NPMR. I had an OBE last night where I said that I can make something happen if I want it to because it wasn't really happening in PMR.

There have been other OBEs where, while I was in them, I wasn't able to tell if I was awake in PMR or if I was in NPMR. I see one purpose of this as making me more aware of details and working on figuring things out in PMR based on facts and finding out what they are instead of assuming things. Perhaps it is also so that I develop more conscious control of what I experience while in NPMR. It was interesting, because while I was in it, I started to get the idea that I was in fact in an OBE and not awake in PMR, because I told someone I needed to go and see what was happening so that I could determine if it was happening the way it had already happened in PMR. It was happening very similarly and the setting looked exactly the same as it does in the physical, but there were some inconsistencies and things that were out of place.

OBEs and dreams are incredibly fascinating to me, so I focus on them everyday to become better at deciphering them and so that I see them as clearly as possible. It's great when they start to make sense, even if things seem out of place or things happen that really can't or wouldn't happen in PMR.

Shawn

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:42 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

There have been times when I have wanted to transport myself somewhere by having an OBE. I have focused on having an OBE, but I didn't experience any of the sensations of it. Instead, in a few seconds, I saw where I intended to be, although my physical eyes were closed. The images just came to me in my mind without having to work at it at all. Is this what "out of mind" is?

- TishAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Adding to what TC said; Don't forget that like any other perception, perceptions from NPMR can be the result of your expectations. The content of any data are not the same as the data itself, making it easy to miss the forest for the trees. I've often found myself marveling about the manifestation of the data and missing its meaning. Although having such experiences can be exciting, it's all too easy to turn them into an art gallery when the goal is to simply have the experiences. Forcing the issue is not productive. Take it easy and relax. When the right time comes, it will happen and no sooner then that. When we get excited, our objectivity becomes tainted as the desire to do something obscures our skeptical open-mindedness.

Post subject: the "conscious mind"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a question. The conscious mind (in this context the waking consciousness we experience in PMR) is normally unaware of NPMR experiences including dreams. As we meditate or use whatever method to broaden our awareness of experience in NPMR what is happening? Is the waking consciousness expanding to include those areas? For example, is the flashlight that is being shown around to illuminate different things expanding the scope of its beam to be more aware? Or are we starting to integrate more subsets of our consciousness with our waking PMR consciousness?
My understanding is that the different parts of our total awareness are constantly active in NPMR as well as PMR but that our PMR consciousness is just not aware of them because of a lack of necessity for the "mission" we are currently undertaking. I understand that the distinction isn't as clear cut as most people think and that there is just one of us with many different aspects.
The question: What is taking place in our PMR consciousness to allow us access to the NPMR experiences we are beginning to remember? Also, is it possible to become one integrated being with a continuous awareness from one end of the spectrum to the other?
Okay, two questions. I am feeling spunky today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ramon: What is taking place in our PMR consciousness to allow us access to the NPMR experiences we are beginning to remember?:
Is the flashlight that is being shown around to illuminate different things expanding the scope of its beam to be more aware? Or are we starting to integrate more subsets of our consciousness with our waking PMR consciousness? Also, is it possible to become one integrated being with a continuous awareness from one end of the spectrum to the other?

Tom: Short answer — Yes, yes, and Yes. Our awareness is expanding and we are reclaiming more of what is natural to consciousness while at the same time remaining focused in the PMR virtual reality — thus, we are beginning to be able to parallel process multiple reality frames. With every decreased in entropy we gain more capability, more functionality, more power (usable energy) as an individuated consciousness.

Tom C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:23 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Is the subconscious mind the same thing as the soul... or is it the part(s) of us/our soul that we are here to grow?

Oh... why, in certain instances, do I feel/hear myself making comments about something/someone... yet, consciously, I don't agree with the comments and don't like them and tell myself I don't want to think that way (they're comments like... "he/she's stupid for thinking that"; he/she's stupid for acting that way", etc.)... I question why I'm *hearing* the comments, because it's not the way I consciously think. Is it possible that I'm hearing the comments from another entity/person, my subconsious is thinking that but my conscious is evovled beyond that, or that the experience I'm having at the time I hear the comments is stirring up emotions from a past experience, and I'm actually subconsciously responding to the past experience rather than the current experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shawnimac13,

No to the first and yes to the second given the understanding that your statement is not comprehensive. Certainly one's most fundamental intent does often hang out within the subconscious -- and improving the quality of our intent is the major goal.

I think you win the prize for asking the most questions in a single sentence. I vote for number two: "my subconscious is thinking that but my conscious is evolved beyond that". A part of the "real you" that lies underneath all that higher level understanding (some portion of which is merely intellectual) reacts judgmentally (as per your example) and that part which knows better berates the whole in an effort to grow the whole of you to be better (to eliminate lingering tendencies to be judgmental which is an expression of ego).

We usually know how to be before we are able to be that way. That you immediately recognize the dysfunctional aspects of yourself is a sign that you are ready and able to overcome them.

Tom C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:35 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks a bunch for the info, Tom. It helps a lot. Yes, I am very ready to grow beyond my dysfunctions and am working on that. Beyond recognizing that I have dysfunctions to overcome, I also need to understand them in order to be able to change them. There are many times when I feel/hear something from within, and I consciously question why I feel or hear that. I think that is a big step in growing beyond what is fragmented... beginning to question why I'm experiencing those thoughts and feelings and then understnding them so that they can be fixed.

I'm happy that my "I know what to do" part usually overrides the part that doesn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:36 am 
Normal User
Normal User

[quote="twcjr"]Shawnimac13,

No to the first and yes to the second given the understanding that your statement is not comprehensive.

Tom C[/quote]

No, my statement wasn't comprehensive. It was an "either or". Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I stumbled across this post during my recurring habit of reviewing Tom's older posts to add clarity to my understanding. This stood out as important:

"Much of the difficulty, if not the question itself is created by thinking of the body and the mind as two different things. All the various bodies you refer to are just different views of the same consciousness. Consciousness does not come and go it is always active -- awareness comes and goes with attention -- like being in a dark room with a narrow beamed flashlight -- objects come and go in and out of your awareness as you scan the light around. What you are experiencing is one uninterrupted always-on consciousness with many aspects or many views as seen from specific filters --"

Similar questions have been asked over the years and this is great for clarification. Tom has said that we are not separate from our Higher Self. If that is so, the question of why memory of other realities isn't normally accessible is explained by this statement. The consciousness you experience day to day IS the same consciousness that's representative of your total self. Constraints are what differentiate an entity from the whole. The constraints in our case are that our experience here is limited by what is, on the surface anyway, in the memory of this particular manifestation of our total self. The consciousness is playing out a scenario where it experiences this limitation in order to test its growth and try to further grow through interaction. When in dreamless deep sleep, our consciousness isn't "gone", it's just not focusing on anything directly applicable to this PMR life and therefore it's not added to the database for this life through which we experience reality here. Therefore, we do not consciously remember it. We might be changed by it and wake up feeling different for some reason, but just not be aware of the reason. The dreams we do remember could be because the content of the dream is applicable to our current experience packet. As you grow you remember more because you can profitably use it.

This concept has been helpful to my growth. Hope some find the information useful.

Ramon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:23 am 
Curator
Curator

Ramon,

These things are hard to get stated in a way that can be readily understood. What will make sense to one person will be incomprehensible to another. This is why I have referred frequently to a virtual self, the FWAU associated with a virtual reality. We have only one higher self, our IUOC, and it effectively is the consciousness that is becoming aware of things as they are picked out by the flashlight in Tom's post that you quoted. Your present self experiencing this PMR session is a virtual experience where just those flashes from the flashlight illumination that make up your PMR consciousness are strung together into a continuous sequence so that they make sense. Your present self experiencing NPMR as a continuous experience spanning over many, many PMR experiences (and the intervals in between them) is also a virtual experience where just those flashes from the flashlight illumination that make up your NPMR consciousness are strung together into a continuous sequence so that they make sense. Your IUOC experiences these things as Virtual Selves so that a sequential experience for each such experience is created and makes more sense. For your total self, they are all interspersed in a time sharing analogy from computer science. Your main program as your higher self is time sharing blocks of fundamental system state changes of the basic operating system. You catch an NPMR cycle and then a PMR cycle and then your IUOC as your higher self goes and does its own thing for other cycles. It's sort of like a word processor program that is being used to manipulate multiple documents at the same time. Take a few CPU cycles to do some PMR work, then a few CPU cycles to do some NPMR work and then a bunch more CPU cycles to use for the operating system level work.

Once you start mixing things up and visiting NPMR while you are 'based' here in PMR, you start adding in some out of sequence cycles from the other VR. You still process these visits through your native PMR understanding, the PMR rule set. These are extra cycles taken out of the PMR allotment and experienced as NPMR cycles, not part of your normal NPMR sequence of cycles that you are unaware of here in your PMR consciousness. These virtual experiences or consciousness are normally isolated. Thus you forget past lives and your NPMR VR self when you are born into a PMR experience packet. This keeps you from being totally confused by the chaos you would otherwise experience. This kind of experience is not really necessary for development. It is something that is done for specific reasons as Tom does it, basically for exploration and research, or as a clue to the nature of reality as most start to have some NPMR experience in pieces for learning purposes.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ramon:

Good job. You brought back an interesting post and good observations.

Let me give you my opinions from my experiences:

Ramon: the question of why memory of other realities isn't normally accessible is explained by this statement. The consciousness you experience day to day IS the same consciousness that's representative of your total self. Constraints are what differentiate an entity from the whole.

Claudio: In a way, your aspect here represents the QoC of your IUOC but I think reality is more complex than this, from what I observed and thought. I noticed we are not just a set of thoughts going through constraints but several (may be a lot) thoughts from different parts of ourselves (these "parts" is tricky in my model, because they are not fixed but rather dynamic). Tom answered to me my concerns in the thread of Model of an IUOC, amount of bits. Our IUOC does not have just one flash light but it consists of a lot of (let's call them) balls of light and you are experiencing some awareness with one of those lights, let's say then you go to meditation and that ball of light goes almost off (enter the void), then other balls of light come depending on your current state of your intent at that point (intents are the ones that manipulate the lights and I think an IUOC consists of not just one fixed intent). Bottom line the reason why you may remember more or less and more or less on NPMR is because when you are working with one light you may attract another light and you keep manipulating different lights with your intent and what that intent wants to see. It is the equivalent of JIT (Just in Time compilation) in computing. You get the resources needed as needed. Entropy down means a better harmony among lights, so the lower the entropy the easier to turn on or attract other lights to it (better harmony with AUM in general (so the LCS)). I noticed this a lot, as an example, part of myself (let's call it one light), is very fearless in NPMR and I can go the distance. I noticed thought that purposely CS turns off that light for me for other lights of me (IUOC) to learn to be fearless aswell. But if fear grows and these other lights cannot handle it this fearless expert light comes to rescue (it's called and/or attracted). Lowering entropy, again helps observe the bigger picture by calling more lights easier. Love, helps easier turn on lights and expand the view. I hope my model is not confusing, but that is what I observed.

Ramon: When in dreamless deep sleep, our consciousness isn't "gone", it's just not focusing on anything directly applicable to this PMR life and therefore it's not added to the database for this life through which we experience reality here. Therefore, we do not consciously remember it. We might be changed by it and wake up feeling different for some reason, but just not be aware of the reason. The dreams we do remember could be because the content of the dream is applicable to our current experience packet. As you grow you remember more because you can profitably use it.

Claudio: I think you got it right, but databases are not separate only by constraints but by relationships (relational databases). Tom also answered this to me in one of my initiated threads (I don't remember right now which one), oh, thanks CS, I think it was the one called Moving of Consciousness (information). I noticed for example if I am working or driving and start not thinking (kind of meditating without effort), I suddenly start getting memories of dreams and past NPMR experiences. If we get used to think only when we need to think we get more of these easier (in the lights model, if you turn off most of the lights other ones left on shine more).

Ramon: This concept has been helpful to my growth. Hope some find the information useful.

Claudio: It helped me as well, thanks brother!

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

Last edited by soprano on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ted:

I found parts of your post a little confusing. I hope you don't mind I give my opinion.

Ted: We have only one higher self, our IUOC, and it effectively is the consciousness that is becoming aware of things as they are picked out by the flashlight in Tom's post that you quoted.

Claudio: I think Tom was talking about the flashlight used by the PMR self (what we named FWAU). The IUOC's higher self in comparison will use a light like the Sun, illuminating the whole 24/7/365 +

Ted: Take a few CPU cycles to do some PMR work, then a few CPU cycles to do some NPMR work and then a bunch more CPU cycles to use for the operating system level work.

Claudio: This confused me, I don't know if it was a mistake. An IUOC can have multiple CPUs (like our present processors Duo, Quad, etc.). So each light of multiple lights can keep running the CPUs 24/7 despite the lights being on or off (running in stand by mode, like a notebook computer when in sleep mode).

Ted: Once you start mixing things up and visiting NPMR while you are 'based' here in PMR, you start adding in some out of sequence cycles from the other VR.

Claudio: I don't know why the need of "out of sequence cycles", never heard that from Tom. I don't see the need of that in a model.

Ted: You still process these visits through your native PMR understanding, the PMR rule set. These are extra cycles taken out of the PMR allotment and experienced as NPMR cycles, not part of your normal NPMR sequence of cycles that you are unaware of here in your PMR consciousness.

Claudio: This sounds better to me, but again I think my IUOC is running multiple CPUs and no need to share cycles. Just my opinion.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for bumping this thread Ramon.

I found the post about the differences and shortcomings of "OOBE" very interesting, compared the concept of OOM.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next