Astral Body

Kevin
Normal User
Normal User

Astral Body

Post by Kevin »

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the Astral Body. I projected a few times as a kid/teenager and my twenties(not on purpose)and never took the time to look! About a year ago a friend gave me a book on OBE by Albert Taylor. Since I read that book and many others books about AP or OOBE, I have had several OBEs, none that I would call conscious exits(I'm having problems with conscious exits, if anyone has any suggestions?)

Anyway, I made a point to look at my body the last two times because of the way they started. When the projections started (both times) I was in the blackness of space with nothing accept millions of stars. I raised my arms to have a look, they too appeared to be made of thousands of stars. I could see the separation between my arms and the background but it was like I contained millions of miniture stars or lights.

I told the friend who had given me the first book. He simply stated "Well, what did think they meant by Astral body". I have only found this mentioned once in book by William Buhlmann, but he didn't seem to have a explanation.

Does anyone have any information on this ?

Thanks for your help!
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

Kevin,

Think of the astral as a shift in your awareness. If you think of your astral body as a separate body flying around in a separate reality you will divorce it from yourself and then have a difficult time connecting back up with it. The astral is not separate from you, is another aspect or view of your consciousness interacting within a different rule-set. Do not be restricted by the experiences of others. Much of what you read, through accurately written (from the individuals perspective) is strongly colored by cultural and personal beliefs. Do your own exploring for a year without comparing your experience with what you read about. Have no expectations. Make no judgments — just be open to experience however it comes. Then when you make comparisons a year later, you will better understand the personal content of what you have been reading and will be able to more properly relate your experience to it.

Much of what you experience in the astral is intuitive, emotive, and symbolic. The message/lesson was that you were one with the universe -- not that your arms were made of stars. :)

Tom
Kevin
Normal User
Normal User

Astral Bodies

Post by Kevin »

Tom,

Do you know the different rule-sets for each aspect or view of consciousness? And how to recognize them? I agree that I'm not separate from the astral but how do recognize the different levels and locations

Thanks again for your patients,
Kevin
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

Kevin,

Yes, I do. The way I recognize them and move between them with my awareness was derived from many, many hours of exploration trial and error practice. As far as I know, there is no other way to learn except by personal experimentation and significance testing. It is not something I can tell you how to do -- you have to develop it with your own experience -- always demand that the results be objectively tested in order to avoid tricking yourself with belief or bad science -- Though it may seem nearly impossible in the beginning, eventually you will gain ground.

Tom
freep2

Post by freep2 »

The easiest way to travel spiritually or on the mental vibrations is to get your brain waves on the Delta Frequency. One way is to inhale slowly and hold for a count of 5-8.Exhale slowly. Do this 4 or 5 times. breathe normally for a short while, then repeat the series of 5.
If you find your self going to sleep,move a finger, or the like. Breathe some more. You can listen to relaxing sounds also. Some biofeedback eqipment may help. Many types out there.
Alternately, you may want to check out the Rosicrucians. Also www. Kabbala.com has some interesting info.
Astral projection is Not the End, but a Turn on the Path to Truth, Enlightenment. Peace. freep2
the physical universe is not really physical.
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

freep2,

Thanks for the helpful contribution to the MBT forum. The breathing technique you offer works well for many. Personally, I find the OOBE doorway to be more of a theta brainwave state -- to be more precise, I find that a frequency of a little less than 4 HZ (3.8 HZ to be exact) the optimal transition state. Theta lies between alpha (typical dreaming state) and delta (typical unconscious state). One can jumped into delta as well but first passing through the theta doorway can be a simpler and more productive process for some. Hey, what ever works for you is the way to go. Experimentation and practice are the keys. Technique should be modifiable to suit individual proclivities.

TC
freep2

Yes, Delta first,then Theta-if you use

Post by freep2 »

other techniques than than the Monroe tapes. I have one left around here somewhere. I no longer seem to need it. I guess you are in Australia so that you could me nearer the Lemurians. Is that correct, or is the US about to sink into Atlantic? If so let me know. I heard New Zealand or Hawaii would be a good place? Any comments?

I bought the Monroe tapes years back. Any still for sale?

I live in South Carolina, 85 miles inland from Myrtle Beach. Is this location safe? I live close to Darlington. You may have heard of the Nascar Races here.

There is NO Matter in This Reality, Only Spiraling Energy Bands, & Light.
the physical universe is not really physical.
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

Freep2,

The Monroe tapes are an introduction, a way to get started, and an easy way for some to first experience NPMR. If you keep growing, eventually you outgrow them. After that they can be more like an anchor than a helium balloon. Like training wheels on a bike.

Sure, tapes remain available; the Monroe Institute is still in business. I have been away from that organization for 25 years and no longer have any idea what they are producing or how effective it might be.

Yes, The “big one“ will one day badly traumatize the West Coast; and sometime after that the East Coast will probably drop into the Atlantic a few hundred feet as the entire American plate rebalances itself. However, if you are around when that happens, you will very likely be exactly where you are supposed to be. Don't worry about it — just stay tuned into your intuition, grow the quality of your consciousness, and let the chips fall where they may. Worry is counterproductive. Making a big effort to improve or optimize your circumstances within PMR by tracking the probable future is also counterproductive. You are in this virtual reality to learn by experience, not manipulate that experience to suit yourself (even if you know how). Be, experience, learn, and grow and the rest will take care of itself.

I don't live in Australia.

TC
Missississy

Re: Yes, Delta first,then Theta-if you use

Post by Missississy »

to freep2

I bought the Monroe tapes years back. Any still for sale?

Yes - they are still available - get a catalog of the tapes/Cds or Total Info Package, really, and then get back to me on what you think you'd like to try out, and I can give you some further wish-list guidance. Google will turn up their WebSite for you fast enough.

Tom's guidance is sound - properly chosen, they can be good starters for you, but you will outgrow them in time - the reason is simple - the human brain-mind combination is one quick learner, and my experience is that after between 5 & 10 playings your mind commits them to memory, and thereafter, you can sort of page up their effect when and if needed or wanted.
Actually, I wished truckers didn't use Bennie's but did use use paged up "stay awake" focusing (learn Midsummer Night at home, not while driving!) , Since TMI puts a disclaimer out - No Machinery or Driving.
I use it frquently this exact way for long distance driving 10 - 14 hours.
Also - remember that the effect of these tapes is to support what you wish to do, and they WILL do that.

Particularly effective are the series of tapes-CDs assistive of narrowly-focused attention for ADD-HD kids & Adult ADD-HD guys also. and for exclusion of distractors, noise, airplanes, trains, traffic, etc. There are about 4 or 5, and they differ only in the different types of music that mask the 20-dB down, attention-entraining frquencies/vibrations. There are NO subliminal voiced messages (ever) a la hypnotic suggestion.
Remembrance is the original music (synth) - and my favorite and most effective to still listen to. Einsteins Dream is equally effective, and the music changes to easy light classic piano music. And there are others.

MidSummer Night is a very effective tape/Cd for supporting a broad focused attention, e.g. late-night driving, and also you're at the back of a noisy conference room and you want desparately to focus on the speaker's words 100-feeet away. The music is neutrally lovely, and it DOES Work - and again, the mind is smart at remembering when it wants or needs to page it up again - let's just say that after 5 -10 playings your mind knows how to go into its own Altered State of chosen focus.

TMI sells a good readable book o for an intro or mid-level approach to HemiSync & what tapes support your doing what in many different instances. It is " Using the WHole Brain", Ronal Russell There is a CD in the back that familiarizes the reader with what areas use what tapes. e.g., The "Emergency Support Series is a 6-tape set used prior to surgery, minor or major - its main effect is that the anashesiologist needs to use only about half the ordinary amount of anesthetic, and the patient's recovery is much quicker and gentler. And more, and more, etc. Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Immune Sytem strengthening, etc., - you name it.

Enough for now - I'm sliding offfff into Delta........
See you in F-15

Return to “Spiritual & personal growth”