It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:42 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Physics "Candy"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A link to: Twisted Physics: 7 Recent Mind-Blowing Findings:

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/ ... 401-1.html

.... fun stuff, but mostly of the "don't try this at home" variety.

Post subject: Re: Physics "Candy"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Light Bends Matter

While it's easy to see matter bending light - just look through a prism - it's rare to find light bending matter. But scientists saw just that in an experiment reported in March 2010. Researchers assembled flat ribbons of nanoparticles - tiny bits of matter only billionths of a meter long - in a darkened laboratory.

Then when the ribbons were exposed to light, they curled up into spirals. The results could help engineers design new types of optics and electronics.
That was the most interesting find IMO!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have to say, if physics is anything it's not boring. It must be one of the most entertaining fields of study out there o.o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm very fond of matter.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi

Someone that always blows my brains out is Marko Rodin,now i know i posted about marko before and no one responded?
Here's a new youtube cilp of marko giving a lecture 19 years ago ,its an amazing clip,sorta science and math meets spirituality and all that is wrapped up in science you can do at home.
The series of clips is 40 odd mis long but incredibly worthwhile so please someone have a look or at least post a comment back.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfJDfhk ... re=related

wayno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the link Montana.

I was really iterested in number 6 with the knots of light,couldn't help thinking it looked like a moebius strip.

Wayno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:30 pm 
Curator
Curator

Wayne,

This was roughly 19 years ago. Has Marco Rodin in the intervening years ever completed the prototype he was talking about or at least something that could begin to demonstrate the truth of his concepts? Did it work? Has he published further in the intervening years? Why isn't he producing products, energy, or whatever after all this time, if he is not doing so? If not, why should we invest the time to listen to something not particularly well stated 19 years ago? If the answers are yes, why not refer us to the later version where he presumably has learned to put it into a more conventional, physical and mathematical explanation? In this length of time, he could have completed an academic degree that would enable him to produce such an explanation. He could have done a self taught program that permitted him to do the same. If there is nothing produced in this length of time, why is it of value to listen to his ideas?

People have been creating 'amazing' thought machines in their own minds for years. When I was born, the next door neighbor was experimenting with perpetual motion devices in his garage while he worked as an insurance salesman. Never went anywhere and he was one of a small army doing the same, inventing a free energy device in their garage based upon their own intuitions, sure that they would some day become rich and famous. I had a friend in high school who was into precessing gyroscopes to provide 'lift'. Another friend was sure that the amazing gas saving devices in the back of Popular Mechanics and Mechanics Illustrated were being suppressed by the big automotive companies and/or the gasoline producers who did not want us to have such efficient and high performance automobiles cutting into their profits. Does Marco Rodin at least have a cult built up around his name and ideas like Tesla? Sorry to be negative, but if it hasn't worked yet, what is the value of spending time on it now?

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Sorry to be negative, but if it hasn't worked yet, what is the value of spending time on it now?
Well, maybe a quick peek through "new" eyes, eyes interpreting data with a lot of new information, would be of value in some of these "old ideas" cases.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with Ted on this one. The notion of perpetual energy machines is a myth. There have been lots of ideas over recent years regarding energy but our dependence on fossil fuels is still the same. The mythical hydrogen economy was all the rage in 1999 but nothing came of it. Solar and Wind constitute about 0.2% of US power supply after 30-40 years of subsidies. So I'd take such ideas based on 'free energy' with a large grain of salt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the replies,

I don't have a broad enough understanding of such science to know if this work is valid or not?From what i read on the internet not that many people who have come into contact with the work seem to greatly understand if the work is as it claims to be,although there seems to be agreement that there is huge potential.

Other than the backing of scientists such as jonas salk ,who said marco's work would probably not be understood in marco's lifetime and some other formidable minds who i cannot recall at the moment who have also given great peer review for his math and methods,i cannot say if marco's work has yielded any new "products" even though the work seems to have generated all sorts of new discoveries of how the little picture may yet become to be understood.

There is obviously a lot of correct science and math involved ,which fascinates me and makes me want to learn more,from that standpoint i don't think keeping an eye on this sort of work is a bad thing.
The whole point of me asking for feedback was so that i may make a better judgement on how to spend my viewing and learning time,i'm not dissapointed that you guys have doubts,infact quite the opposite as i'm now going to have to find proof of the concepts involved so i can make my own judgement.
This is always my preferred forum to ask for advice as i know the advice given will be as true an opinion as can be given from the all of your huge experience.
Open minded scepticism right?

I also understand that marco has his own belief trap going on and some may say he's completly mad. The same could be said of many of great free thinking minds who were later proved not so crazy.

Thank you

Wayno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ted,

Here are some endorsements of rodin's work.

http://www.markorodin.com/content/view/28/61/

Link is bottom left of page.

wayno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I like vortex's, what is that donut shaped shape called on this site (above), and on Edge's facebook, please?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:10 am 
Curator
Curator

wayne,

I have spent some time going into Marko Rodin's work. I am afraid that after doing so, I find it entirely bogus. He may be as sincere as anyone but he is wandering down a dead end path and I see no other way to say it. I do not like to see people waste time in this way and I bear some responsibility for you members of this forum so I have spent this time on your behalf checking this out. I hate to see Rodin wasting his own time but I doubt if he would agree with me and change his mind if he ever saw this write up. Such is the power of belief systems.

Rodin begins on the basis of a number of mistakes, in my opinion. He starts with a specific "Name of God" from which he derives 9 as the magic number by numerology techniques. This is of course based upon a particular PMR religion and language. This is entirely a belief based beginning and is no way inherent to the nature of this reality which does not depend upon PMR religions or languages, particularly not one 'chosen one'. He then proceeds on the basis of a particular number system base, our common decimal base 10 number system, which is again not fundamentally inherent to the nature of reality. No number system is. Proceeding by numerology techniques again, not mathematics, he looks at the sequence of numbers starting with 1 and doubling. He reduces each successive number in this sequence (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,. . .) to a single digit by a technique from numerology and finds a recurring sequence of digits as: 1, 2, 4, 8, 7, 5, . . . He arranges the sequence of digits of the decimal 10 based number system in a circle and draws lines between the numbers in this sequence. On his web site, he has this drawing and from it he draws great mystical significance. One aspect of this is that the diagram shows something like the shape of the symbol used in mathematics for an infinite number. On this basis he seems to draw the connection that this is somehow a divinely significant or inspired diagram and key to great cosmological significance in the nature of reality.

The reason that I went into this analysis is that I knew by inspection that the sequence and diagram that he found for the base 10 system was not significant and fundamental in any way. Or you can call it intuition. We use the base 10 system primarily because we have ten fingers. If we had 6 fingers per hand, we would probably use the base 12 system. This has nothing to do with the fundamentals of this reality. My expectation was that if I repeated Rodin's methods for other based number systems, I would find other repeating sequences of the same general type as he did. That is what I did find but the specifics were different for each number system base. I am inserting below a sequence of tables and diagrams in PDF files resulting from the same kind of analysis based on the following based number systems. I have not created diagrams for all of them. I used the following bases, 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16. I do not see any special significance to any of these results but they all produce sequences using the same technique that Rodin used, each basing the calculations on the specific base of the number system. All equally meaningless. It is just an artifact of the nature of number systems. They are regular (they exhibit regular characteristics) and a set of repeating rules was applied. The result is that you get a repeating set of numbers at the end of the process. No set of numbers is any more significant of the nature of reality than any other. None reveals the true name of God nor how to create free energy. Sorry about that, Chief!

I am out of practice doing this kind of numerical calculations and had many interruptions with the work spread over several days. By all means, check my work for errors. I tried to cross check and make use of various aids off the Internet for arbitrary based arithmetic but I am subject to errors cropping up just like anyone else. I have not carried all of these calculations out to large numbers. I have assumed that repeating cycles will continue as expected. Number systems are after all, regular. Compare the results for base 10 and base 11. Is the base 10 result any more significant than the base 11 result?

Files are now uploaded as .jpg format.

Ted

Attachments:
File comment: Rodin Data Table
Rodin-table.jpg
Rodin-table.jpg [ 131.99 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
File comment: Results Base 8
Rodin-base8.jpg
Rodin-base8.jpg [ 22.33 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
File comment: Results Base 9
Rodin-Base9.jpg
Rodin-Base9.jpg [ 24.73 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
File comment: Results Base 10
Rodin-Base10.jpg
Rodin-Base10.jpg [ 32.26 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
File comment: Results Base 11
Rodin-Base11.jpg
Rodin-Base11.jpg [ 31.92 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
File comment: Results Base 13
Rodin-Base13.jpg
Rodin-Base13.jpg [ 37.25 KiB | Viewed 2138 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good job Ted! You got the numbers! I don't think I bother to get info on this thread. All your post makes sense for me.

Clau

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
All equally meaningless.
Ah Ted, it is possible one may be even more meaningless than an other giving it meaning, but I get you. Thank you for doing this, for thinking it through logically for us, and posting it. You are a kind soul.
Love
Bette