Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Spoon Bending
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever attempted or successfully bent spoons or other metal utensils using their intent (with more than just the use of physical force). It's something I've been fascinated with ever since I had seen some utensils after they had been already been bent - but I've never seen it happen first hand. The bends are so incredible that the metal would have broken under normal conditions, and it interests me because it's something you can look at well after the psi has occurred.

I've been trying to bend spoons myself without any luck. I'm currently taking a home-study course that teaches you some tools to raise energy (focus your intent) to achieve a peak state so that the bend is possible. However, I tend to wonder if my entropy is low enough for such a thing to even be possible for myself. That is something that I believe is mentioned in MBT, but not mentioned in this home-study course.

Any insight appreciated, so I can further understand the meaning of "There is no spoon." :)

Post subject: Re: Spoon Bending
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sounds like a good plan overall to try out the hypothesis.

I remember quite well the hullabaloo raised in the '70's with Geller's escapades. I wonder if his life continued to spiritually grow significantly after his public works ?

A sharp, strong intent seems to be a formidable tool ! It most assuredly isn't in my life toolbox - yet :-)

Good Luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No experience here but It could be that it is very much involving physical forces channeled through intention, unless you are talking about not physicaly touching a spoon and bending it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lumpy wrote:No experience here but It could be that it is very much involving physical forces channeled through intention, unless you are talking about not physicaly touching a spoon and bending it?
I'm talking about both really. From what I've heard, it's "easier" to bend the spoon while using a little physical force to help with your intent. But you can supposedly do it without any physical force.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So what do you have to really do, rearrange the molecules or something? Heat them up like cloud busting does so that clouds disperse? Virtually.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,
We don't see molecules with our eyes, so if reality is virtual in the MBT sense then no: no molecule rearrangement or heating is required. I'm guessing what happens is you consistently influence the probabilities of the shape of the spoon with your intent. A little physical force can make things easier (more probable).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not sure if I'm raining on a parade here or not but the bending spoons thing has been debunked for years now. What you do is bend the spoon back and forth prior to showing the audience. This generates heat and loosens the metal in the spoon. You can bend the spoon back and forth several times to the point of breaking, so it appears to be a regular spoon to your audience but it is readily available without using much energy to break.

I've seen this in multiple shows on debunking this stuff... Not sure if I'm even talking about the same thing here though.
msagansk wrote: We don't see molecules with our eyes
What do we see with our eyes then?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BrandonHedberg wrote:Not sure if I'm raining on a parade here or not but the bending spoons thing has been debunked for years now. What you do is bend the spoon back and forth prior to showing the audience. This generates heat and loosens the metal in the spoon. You can bend the spoon back and forth several times to the point of breaking, so it appears to be a regular spoon to your audience but it is readily available without using much energy to break.

I've seen this in multiple shows on debunking this stuff... Not sure if I'm even talking about the same thing here though.
Doing it in that way could very well be possible, but that's not what I'm talking about.
BrandonHedberg wrote: What do we see with our eyes then?
Light.

More specifically I meant that individual molecules don't have to be rendered for our consciousness to perceive a spoon in a virtual reality.

Last edited by msagansk on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good one Brandon.

Also, heat can cause bending, so even without touching a spoon you can raise the temperature of your hands by friction for example and transmit heat to the spoon.

Also healers (I've done this myself and saw others doing it) can with intent concentrate heat (usually together with healing energy) in the hands by focusing intent to concentrate energy in your hands for a purpose.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We see the electromagnetic field in multiple different forms and variations, not just "light". Molecules are part of the electromagnetic field and the constituent particles of molecules are atoms; electrons, protons in the atoms specifically are part of the EM field. We also discover mass with the protons and neutrons, and constituents of those particles are quarks. We "see" the electrons interacting with another energy form known as "light" but is just another form of the same field interacting with different variants of itself. Our visual resolution isn't what is coming to mind here but that we also notice the weight of an object (the mass of the particles in the molecules reacting to earth's mass), the cause of reflections on the spoon, the spoon's imperfections, heat absorption from the molecules in the spoon and the atmosphere, etc.

Also a television screen is made up of little RGB pixels. These pixels can represent molecules. Now we see all sorts of these pixels and it makes up a larger image of something. Are you saying we don't need to see the constituent RGB pixels to see the bigger image in which it's supposedly made of? I understand we don't need to know what molecules and atoms are to acknowledge a spoon, but the sensory organs involved know more than what we do and acknowledge the fact that it's interacting in an EM field, just brought to us in a way that we can understand something like a "spoon" without knowing the details.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

soprano wrote:Good one Brandon.

Also, heat can cause bending, so even without touching a spoon you can raise the temperature of your hands by friction for example and transmit heat to the spoon.
You could, although I'm not sure if you could heat up your hands enough to make much of a difference to the spoon.
soprano wrote: Also healers (I've done this myself and saw others doing it) can with intent concentrate heat (usually together with healing energy) in the hands by focusing intent to concentrate energy in your hands for a purpose.
I would interpret this as using heat as a tool to help focus intent/healing energy. Would they just focus their mind and have their hands suddenly heat up without any rubbing or external source? If that's what you mean, that's getting closer to the idea of what I meant by "Spoon Bending" - although I think the usage of heat is a more indirect method than I was considering. Very cool (hah!) either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

msagansk wrote:
I would interpret this as using heat as a tool to help focus intent/healing energy.
I look at this another way and say heat is using you as a tool to focus intent to be more of a tool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

msagansk,

Something that Tom talked about toward the end of the recent informal Hawaii chat (the one outside on the porch with the small group) hit home with me in terms of psychokinesis. It was something about probability distribution. The specifics are totally slipping my mind right now. I'll cut to the chase though. I've tried to get a metal washer (hanging from a string) to move. Essentially what Tom talked about led me to think that I can't just suddenly make it start swinging wildly. I have to change the probable future in very slight increments with my intent. So It may start with only the intent to swing it .1 mm at a time. once is is swinging .1mm, then I shoot for another .1mm, then once is established at swinging .2mm, then I shot for another .1mm ... and so on. This, as apposed to intending to just make is start swinging.

The same concept could of course be applied to the spoon. Bending it a tiny amount each time, or increasing the temp only slightly each time.

Anyway, I haven't done anything with this concept yet, but I found it interesting. Might be something to consider.

The Monroe Institute has spoon bending seminars at various locations, but I've never been.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BrandonHedberg wrote:We see the electromagnetic field in multiple different forms and variations, not just "light". Molecules are part of the electromagnetic field and the constituent particles of molecules are atoms; electrons, protons in the atoms specifically are part of the EM field. We also discover mass with the protons and neutrons, and constituents of those particles are quarks. We "see" the electrons interacting with another energy form known as "light" but is just another form of the same field interacting with different variants of itself. Our visual resolution isn't what is coming to mind here but that we also notice the weight of an object (the mass of the particles in the molecules reacting to earth's mass), the cause of reflections on the spoon, the spoon's imperfections, heat absorption from the molecules in the spoon and the atmosphere, etc.
In my opinion you are going well beyond the context of our original discussion about "seeing with our eyes". I understand we have other physical senses, and that what we see with our eyes has to align with all parts of the rule set and the environment the spoon is in.
BrandonHedberg wrote: Also a television screen is made up of little RGB pixels. These pixels can represent molecules. Now we see all sorts of these pixels and it makes up a larger image of something. Are you saying we don't need to see the constituent RGB pixels to see the bigger image in which it's supposedly made of? I understand we don't need to know what molecules and atoms are to acknowledge a spoon, but the sensory organs involved know more than what we do and acknowledge the fact that it's interacting in an EM field, just brought to us in a way that we can understand something like a "spoon" without knowing the details.
Basically, yes. Tom has written and spoken about this topic many times, and Ted has expanded on this topic in depth on his web site and on many posts in these forums. Search for "An Orientation to Virtual Realities" on this board if you would like to understand this perspective further. Just as a quick example: Tom has used the analogy of a World of Warcraft character. Do the individual water molecules need to be present and rendered for the character to drown underwater?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BrandonHedberg wrote:
msagansk wrote:
I would interpret this as using heat as a tool to help focus intent/healing energy.
I look at this another way and say heat is using you as a tool to focus intent to be more of a tool.
Brandon,

I'm not sure what I ever did to you, but if I have offended you I am sorry. My only guess is that I'm hurting your belief systems. If it helps any, I don't really believe any of this stuff either - it's just a different way of looking at things. Since we're talking on the MBT board I talk about reality in terms of that perspective. This perspective can fly in the face of contemporary physics and objective science, so taking things too personally will not be of any help.