Return Home
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:18 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Our System geocentric?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is no clear answer to this in MBT to my knowledge. Is our system, this program, the universe and the NPMR part that covers it, geocentric?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think not. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are you talking spatially central? I would assume not, since you mentioned NPMR (where space-time does not exist). But that's the only way I can interpret it so I'll do my best to answer.

As we are IUOC's there is no fundamental reality frame. PMR and NPMR are virtual. It seems to me your question is rooted in the belief of an objective reality - PMR is only approximately objective. There is no "Earth" out there that exists independently of us - it's just data we're receiving as consciousness.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

but when I smash my table, it hurts! just kidding
Our PMR is one of many separate PMRs, right? One of numberless different running game-programs with possibility to enter with IUOC's. all got it's own rule sets. when rendered, we experience them from the "inside" where they are perceived as physical. (just showing what i intellectually get). we render a big universe with endless numbers of stars galaxies wich works scientifically according to the rule-set probability. the intentional program could be "earth-centered", couldnt it? In WOW-analogy the game-program expands from a single land, now it's much bigger. my character sees stars and galaxies, but i know the program doesn't have other games or lands in those galaxies. that's kind of how i think. is my understanding a bit constrained?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I simply wonder if it's possible that this PMR, this game-program that we as humans play and see as "the universe", is earth-centered as in intended for IUOCs-FWAUs on earth only (initially), and that there is no other life put, developed, existing, experiencing "elsewhere" in this PMR-universe-program (and if this still is an awry understanding).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think your thinking is fine, but I don't see why there couldn't be FWAU's living on other planets within this PMR. If it was probable under the rule-set for some form to support consciousness on another planet, it could happen -sort of like AI. I have wondered this myself, and I don't think Tom has said one way or the other. I guess your question could be re-worded as "do aliens exist?"

I know Tom has been asked about aliens, UFO's, abductions, etc. and he usually responds by talking about misinterpretations of experiences within NPMR or psi events. It seems to me that he skirts around the possibility of "aliens on other planets".

Oh, I was going to post what I wrote above and noticed that you clarified your question. I think what I say still holds.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks, msag, we basically agree then. to reword the question as "do aliens exist?" is to change the focus of the inquiry. the assosiations are different. i am not happy with it. ): but you're not wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

whether or not aliens exist would be a consequential answer. Not really the matter.

I'd expect someone to had put this issue straight. (where is the forum's theoretical metaphysicist when you need him?)

The rule-set of this and similar PMRs would be rendered as we find them to do here through our scientific exploration, with it's evolution from big bang and billions of galaxies, even if TBC (or the appropriate being) focused only on earth in this PMR. It is a necessity of the rule set probabilities.

If earth institution is efficient, it is probable that TBC replicates the experiment. if it does replicate experiments like this, it might not need to start from the big bang, but from favourable states. Maybe it's not favourable to start a school-program in the 1970's. Maybe it is most favourable to start whole universes from the beginning. Maybe it has to, to work properly. But if it doesn't have to start from big bang to work and be efficient; then we're talking about probable systems that are specialized (Why not super-specialized?). And all post-bigbang specialized PMRs would make the drake-equation inapplicable, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The word geocentric is too vague, can you give an example of the implications of earth being "geocentric or "not geocentric".

If you by geocentric mean
Quote:
I simply wonder if it's possible that this PMR, this game-program that we as humans play and see as "the universe", is earth-centered as in intended for IUOCs-FWAUs on earth only (initially), and that there is no other life put, developed, existing, experiencing "elsewhere" in this PMR-universe-program (and if this still is an awry understanding).
Then it's pretty much unknown, but if life can develop at other places like it did on earth, which it probably can, then it should be teeming with life.

msagansk answered the other part of what geocentric could mean.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

good. yeah, the quote explain what I mean by geocentric. difficult to come up with another word. earth-system-centric.The earth-system could be this whole PMR, possibly, not inconsistent with MBT. No other physical matter rendered in this universe except from what we render here from earth. makes the universe seem tiny. compared to how big it seems to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Did anyone else here see this today ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43299687

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Did anyone else here see this today ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43299687
haven't seen it. video didn't load. youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRTrikrVYIQ

don't know what to make of it. but it's awesome. i'm gonna vote for 'legit'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So "legit" means it is not faked, but a real mystery?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
So "legit" means it is not faked, but a real mystery?
Love
Bette
"Yes, precisely."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think this video is relavant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOb_ln7- ... r_embedded

Biocentrism,which also takes the position that ours is a shared- observer dependent -non objective reality, predicts that Aliens won't ever be found in OS.

I'm not sure what the official MBT stance would be with this really,but the argument makes sense to a point. And It's not that 'aliens' can't exist; it is just more likely in the biocentric view that they exist in a different reality.

This seems at odds with the many sightings and abductions reported though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EbArH1_ ... r_embedded