Return Home
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A couple of weeks in ago in my meditations I began asking for my tests to be presented to me, as I felt I was ready to give them another shot. This manifested in my PMR life as certain struggles and fears surfacing again that I may not have handled properly before. However, last night I had an interesting experience that I feel was a test completed correctly on my part. I felt compelled to share.

I was in a hotel room like place with a friend of mine, I walked out to a screened in area and sat down to relax, it was over seeing a lake where people where swimming and relaxing on an island in the middle of the lake. As I was watching what they where all doing, I saw that these two people where taking these little skunk like critters and pushing them underwater. I saw that there was one floating seemingly dead... I quickly without thinking twice ran towards the lake dived in and swam as fast as possible to go help them. After getting it out of their grasp and saving it, I began to confront the people about what they where doing, and how awful it was. When I was finished they blankly stared at me, walked off, and just about vanished into thin air. I went back to shore where there where 4 guys sitting there watching what had just happened. They had a strange authoritive presence about them. One looked over with a slight smile and sort of said something like, "so why did you do that", or "What gives you the right to tell them what to do(Not so much that he thought I was wrong, he just seemed to be picking my brain)? and I think tried make my ego go off by making a little fun of the way my voice sounded, which did not work, I brushed it off. I explained that I thought it was wrong for those people to be harming and killing innocent creatures and that it was important to me that I stand up for them because they could not themselves. After my little speech they all stood up and an official looking man walked up in a suit and shook my hand excitedly, and congradulated me. He then did not let go of my hand and asked- "So what did you do to get in here?" I was a little confused, everything went black and I was instantly teleported to a wakeful state in my room.

Please share your "test" experiences, I would to hear more about everyone elses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great experience there Targo! I'll have to order one of these for myself ;)

As far as for tests I've gone through, I'm not sure it was one, but a while ago, I've had a recurring theme in my dreams of being in some sort of classroom, and being asked a bunch of questions to which I had absolutely no clue. I've probably had that kind of dream 7 times over a period of 2 weeks, and I can see how this relates to some stuff in my past that I haven't completely dealt with at the being level. The dreams stopped when I decided to stand up, say that I had no clue what they were talking about and that I had no interest in this topic whatsoever, and left the room. I think on the last one I also got the feeling that this test/classroom wasn't so important to my life/well-being afterall.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I will order a test in NPMR and some Free will French fries.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Targobaath wrote:I will order a test in NPMR and some Free will French fries.
Don't forget your Nudge Fudge. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What a good idea for a thread Targobaath. I'll start off with a short quick one for now,I have a few that I'd like to post later.

Several years ago I decided to try to be calm when becoming Lucid in my dreams;instead of flying off on a rampage like a bull in a china shop like I had been doing. I set my intention to stay focused and perceptive to the immediate dream environment-even go along with the plot in progress and try to go deeper.

When I finally accomplished this ,after becoming Lucid in a dream by a roadside restaurant, a 'dream character' approached beside me from an angle beyond my visual field- he said " come with me."

He grabbed my arm and led me into the restuarant where there was a sort of reception and everyone knew my name. I could hear them applaud and congratulate me as I was led past a small stage. This was totally unexpected! (It became very difficult to deepen the experience while resisting the urge to get silly as usual.) I wandered around the reception and mingled with the all of the people while trying to maintain a calm Lucidity.I focused on listening to the conversations and comments around me for awhile until it eventually became too much. I fell back into dream consciousness then woke.

I've always felt that this Lucid Dream was a milestone for me. It was really cool to get a kind of 'pat on the back' from NPMR.( This was before I had read very much on QM,MBT or any kind of Buddhist or mystical literature.) It was a 'mind blowing' experience for me at the time because I was not at all 'spiritual'. I was left puzzled afterwards as to how brain cells and electrochemical impulses could have generated such a strange and unexpected-unintended experience? ( I'm kind of introverted and do not like public attention...LOL)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Neat thread, what a cool experience you had Targobaath. I'll post one that comes to mind from my notes. It's kind of silly though.

I was in an apartment space similar to my own. The differences were only noted after physically waking up. I was holding my cell phone in my hand and walked into the bathroom to look into the mirror. As I was looking at myself I felt a drop of water hit me on the top of the head. I looked up at the ceiling and noticed it was saturated with water and dripping. As I stared at the ceiling, the dripping increased, and eventually started to pour down. Water got all over my cell phone so I left the bathroom and took the phone apart. I was hoping it would dry out and still be functional. I went back into the bathroom and noticed a bunch of Christmas decorations set up. I thought to myself “This is odd, why are these in here, it's not Christmas time!” I began to take the decorations down and box them up when I accidentally knocked over large floor lamp and it broke. I responded to this with slight dismay, but resumed the clean-up. All the while the ceiling continued it's relentless gushing. I wondered about my phone, so I left the bathroom again to examine it. This time it wasn't really a phone, more of a tiny machine with gears and cogs, and in multiple pieces. I felt somewhat perturbed as this was my only form of communication and now it was in such a state of disorder. This was my last thought and I found myself physically awake. I immediately realized this was a QOC (Quality of Consciousness) test to evaluate my raw emotional responses to such a bizarre scenario. I felt quite happy with myself for not over-reacting and handling it with a fairly calm demeanor. I believe I have made some improvements in this area!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had a brief test this morning (could have been a test anyway... never easy to tell). It was fairly straight forward. I had woken up at 5 am and then gone back to bed hoping to instigate an OBE. At some point, I ended up in a dream. I was digging in our yard and was putting in sprinklers or something along those lines. It was one of those very vivid and crisp dreams. I had the sudden thought pop into my head that a large dog would be walking down the street toward me soon. I looked down the street and waited. After a bit, I could see a very bright orange dog headed my way. It was very large (150 + pounds) and really looked more like an oversized mix between a wolf and a fox. It crept closet to me as if it was going to begin circling me. I raised my shovel in the air like a bat; ready to protect myself. I had a strange flash of clarity though, almost a slight hint of lucidity. Tom's many great words related to fear ran though my mind. I had the idea that the worst case might be that the dog would tear me to pieces... I decided to drop the shovel and close my eyes. I had a very brief and foggy vision of the dog being on top of me and eating me. I had a deep sense that all would be fine, so I just let go. I transitioned straight from the dream to being in my bed with my eyes closed and having some minor vibrations. I tried to encourage the vibrations, but apparently the experience was over. Anyway, it was a good and interesting experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, Justin that is quite the experience. It would be hard for me to say what I would do in that situation. What do you think was the test, or the lesson that you needed to learn from it? Do you feel you did the right thing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The past couple of days I've had regular,nonlucid, dream consciousness and experienced some weird situations-I think I can classify some of them as passed tests.

I was at a beachside home with some old friends. I looked at my hands and found that I was holding a box with a digital timer. I knew that it was a bomb and that it was about to explode. I fumbled with the buttons but they were unresponsive,the countdown continued to approach zero. Now in an internal panic,there was no time left to think. In my nonlucid stupor I was able to take the last remaining seconds to search for a clear area away from other dream characters- I chucked it just before it exploded.

In another nonlucid situation I was in some type of theme park ride with other 'DCs.' It was a room with large glass windows,it began to spin at a high rate of speed. As I ,and the others, looked out of the window we all became nauseated and wanted it to stop immediately. Again with the buttons I began to fumble and again no response.Somehow I willed a new control panel with a stop button to appear just above the nonresponsive one.The spinning stopped when I hit the newly created button,the door opened and we walked out into a courtyard area still a bit dizzy. (very vivid sensations)

This was the type of thing I might do while lucid; but never in a state of regular dream consciousness. I thought it was kinda cool how a lucid dream type of solution happened in a 'regular' dream. Test passed..I guess?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Targobaath wrote:Wow, Justin that is quite the experience. It would be hard for me to say what I would do in that situation. What do you think was the test, or the lesson that you needed to learn from it? Do you feel you did the right thing?
Well, there are other experiences where I did not react in a comparable way. Perhaps I did not pass those :)

Sometimes I wonder if these are not so much "tests", but just lessons. Some of them anyway. In some of these experiences it seems that my response is slightly exaggerated one way or the other... perhaps so that I can experience different reactions even though they may not reflect the actual choices that I would make (as the PMR "me").

In this case, the lesson seemed to be that letting go of fear and accepting the worst possible outcome is a good and productive choice. There really is nothing to fear but fear itself. Of course that is always easier said than done... especially in the PMR school of hard knocks.

Great thread idea. I love reading these.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Justin wrote:
Targobaath wrote:Wow, Justin that is quite the experience. It would be hard for me to say what I would do in that situation. What do you think was the test, or the lesson that you needed to learn from it? Do you feel you did the right thing?
Well, there are other experiences where I did not react in a comparable way. Perhaps I did not pass those :)

Sometimes I wonder if these are not so much "tests", but just lessons. Some of them anyway. In some of these experiences it seems that my response is slightly exaggerated one way or the other... perhaps so that I can experience different reactions even though they may not reflect the actual choices that I would make (as the PMR "me").
It is as you say, exactly. Though there are tests.

Just a thought for the future. While accepting the worst outcome is good, allowing it to happen without defiance is not always so! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, I know what you are talking about with the lessons. The difference I have come to see in the test experiences and the lesson experiences is that I have the ability to make choices in the test area, where as a lesson is more or less like watching a movie through my own eyes. I am on experience auto-pilot, as opposed to having the ability to make choices.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This thread is making me wonder if perhaps PERHAPS these tests are for NPMR to see what decisions we make but not so much to assess our evolution. Just to see what the reaction would be from someone in our situation. I think it would help them in determining where others are coming from. It might be the best they can do to being as close to walking in our shoes as possible. It just hit me that way today for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Beau wrote:This thread is making me wonder if perhaps PERHAPS these tests are for NPMR to see what decisions we make but not so much to assess our evolution. Just to see what the reaction would be from someone in our situation. I think it would help them in determining where others are coming from. It might be the best they can do to being as close to walking in our shoes as possible. It just hit me that way today for some reason.
For our NPMR self?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yes, that's right, bette. Perhaps some tests are benign to us just to see what our reactions will be.