Return Home
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:03 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted on here but have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and my own journey so far. Whilst I still consider myself a newbie, I'm convinced that my meditation practice is stronger and more disciplined than before.

When I started meditation practice, I used to simply sit in silence and focus on my breath. I then tried mantra which definitely helped, then moved on to binaural beats once I discovered what they were. Without really intending, I have spent months using a binaural and whilst doing mantra in my mind. This has been good and on occasion, i have the experienced sensations that feel like progress.

A few weeks ago, I decided to drop the mantra and just focus on the binaural only. This appears to have been a good move for me because I have experienced deeper states and stronger sensations on occasion. What has become apparent is a subtle 'bump bump bump' noise within the binaural.....and it appears to be more pronounced when I'm deeply relaxed. If I try to listen to it, it fades but if I try to remain in the same state of feeling that I heard the 'bump bump bump' it can come back again. So, to me I feel I'm at the stage where I need to learn to feel my way into meditation now and be aware of but not focus on the 'bump bump bump' which appears to coincide with my better sittings.

My questions: Have you had a similar experience? Can you hear a bump/beat that can go when you actively try and listen to it? Do you think I'm right to feel myself into that state which produces the noise and stay with it without attachment?

Kind regards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posters have described many, many sensations in all forms while meditating. You will probably impede your meditation if you start to focus on anything except shutting out all internal chatter. If you start thinking and analyzing sounds you think you hear in the binaural beats, your focus is on that instead of just reaching the Void.

On the other hand do whatever works for you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:51 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the reply Sainbury :)

I have taken your advice and try to just concentrate my efforts on sitting quietly and releasing thoughts as they appear. Unless something happens, I'll stick with this method then return to focusing on the beat and see what appears to work best.

At the fear of asking a silly question, would undertaking the gateway experience programme developed by Robert Monroe using the multiple cd collection be helpful or more of a hindrance? What I have started to do is meditate each morning using a simple binaural but then undertake a gateway experience exercise from wave 1 later in the afternoon.

Warmest regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I didn't find the Gateway CDs a lot of help, but others here have. So I would say it is an individual thing.