Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 am 

Cltures have different names for similar concsiousseness interactions and different code symbols for similar caste experiences.

One link I'm trying to identify is between the use of chi (ying/yang) energy, the chakra system, and Bob Monroes use of phasing reality (linked to alpha, beta, delta, theta, and gamma waves)

I would like the opinion of the forum on the link between these systems which have a strong meaning to me. Where is the overlapping or even redundant use of these symbols and where do they strongly differ when being used for concsiousseness exploration?

I've noticed my rejection of many belief symbols but these keep coming back and I wish to use them in my meditation more.

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I've noticed my rejection of many belief symbols but these keep coming back and I wish to use them in my meditation more.
You have a roll going on in rejecting belief symbols. This is per a recommended goal by MBT. Yet, you seek 'exemption' of certain symbols form the rejection process to use in meditation.

Why ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:08 pm 

I realize that to learn, certain beliefs can be adopted in the growth process then dropped when no longer usefull. The Hindu and Japanese symbols that I mentioned have power when it comes to understanding my dreams and other personal paranormal experiences. They came from initial childhood experiences.
I suppose I'd like to understand these symbols more so that I can use them in my library of interpretations. Maybe though I should work to drop them?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Cltures have different names for similar concsiousseness interactions and different code symbols for similar caste experiences.

One link I'm trying to identify is between the use of chi (ying/yang) energy, the chakra system, and Bob Monroes use of phasing reality (linked to alpha, beta, delta, theta, and gamma waves)

I would like the opinion of the forum on the link between these systems which have a strong meaning to me. Where is the overlapping or even redundant use of these symbols and where do they strongly differ when being used for concsiousseness exploration?

Many thanks!
The "Chi energy", as I see it, correlates with the "Pranna", as both are controlled through the BREATH. Both are similar metaphors for some of the tools available to us in the exploration of consciousness. As you say, the tools we use..."can be adopted in the growth process then dropped when no longer usefull."

These "tools" will be as similar or as different as your individual perception of the symbols, and metaphors associated with each TOOL. The data interpretation is a subjective process based on your individual knowledge, experience, beliefs, and intentions.

For me, the words (sounds and symbols) we use to relay information are limited and I find, very often, that different people will use different metaphors to describe the same phenomena. And then fight and argue over the differences (which exist only in the interpretation of symbols).

In my experience, there is an underlying unity within all of the myths and metaphors used by people all over the world and throughout history. Because the words and symbols we use to exchange information and experience have always been, and will always be inadequate to task. when the task is to describe the indescribable.

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:28 pm 

Wonderful, thank you for your take on this question. I will disavow the need to incorporate other interpretations and rely primarily on understanding the experiences more consistently on a 'being' level, as suggested by MBT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

I would like the opinion of the forum on the link between these systems which have a strong meaning to me. Where is the overlapping or even redundant use of these symbols and where do they strongly differ when being used for concsioussness exploration?

Many thanks!

My personal take is that the usage of any unexamined idea or symbol or even word puts its user at risk for belief system-related difficulty. However, if you keep aware that your usage of these IS operating at a belief system level, and even better, if you have thoroughly vetted the idea/concept/word, then it is not only perfectly alright, but, so long as you are going to employ modeling systems ('mind') to find your way around, you really DO need them, exactly as a computer needs software.

Practically speaking, we can't be fiddling about trying to script our own existences from the machine-language level on up, as we go about our day to day activities. So we draw upon, carefully as we can, that huge common library of symbols and ideas, and make our way with them as best as we might.... all the while reserving at the back of our mind that assumptions implied by those ideas may not be valid.

-Montana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Researching for my book to understand where it went wrong and change those variables in the newly developing "civilization" I have been going again to foundations and found this which is something I think is foundational to this PMR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi

I found it looking up Chi but this is deeper than Chi while also including Chi.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:22 am 
Normal User
Normal User

What I get from all this is that many cultures around the world have some conceptual system(s) for describing the mechanics and flow of (life force/spiritual energy). For so many cultures to have independently developed languages describing the energy of organisms in such terms suggest that it should be possible to translate those same insights into western medical systems.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 am 
Curator
Curator

The ancient metaphor of the blind men describing the elephant after their first contact with it very much applies to this situation. This is an ancient understanding.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been going deeper into the development of religion and yes it is all linked together to eventually a group of men keeping astronomy patterns secret to make it look like they had magic powers with the stars and then a fight about whether the moon or sun should be used or was better. It is behind many of the dichotomy issues; left represents moon and right represent the sun. Fresh water and salt water made the first humans. Cute story not much meat though. ;)
Love
Bette