Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:03 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I am a bit confused. In MBT, p311 book 2, it states that we are individuated consciousness and cannot stop existing.

However, if an individuated consciousness continues to increase its entropy after many opportunities, will it be exterminated?

If AUM was to increase its overall entropy would
it die along with all of the individuated conciousness that has been created?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:25 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I mean if AUMs entropy was increasing over a period of time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 am 
Curator
Curator

Casey,

You should learn to use the search function on the BB at the top right of the index page and many other pages. Here is a short description of what I believe we know of this process that Tom has described. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7113&p=56527&hilit ... uoc#p56527 If you search for termination and IUOC, you will find 7 references. Actually now 8 as this post will show up also. You might investigate the other references to see if you can learn more.

The whole purpose of the elaborate set up of vastly many NPMRs and PMRs in the fractal reality that is AUM has been to reduce the entropy of AUM as a direct product of the reduction of the entropy of the IUOCs engaged therein. At least that is as Tom deduces its purpose. I have no doubt that it is the base motivation for AUM creating this whole set up. I would not personally be surprised that there was a substantial element of creating something to do, as entertainment value, something to fill the idle eons of time as well. I can surely see that as part of my motivation if I were in that position. One can only 'navel gaze' for so long without getting bored with the same ol' same ol'. When one has invented the greatest 'toy' ever, one tends to play with it to some extent.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thank you for your response Ted. I will use the search function in future, prior to posting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Casey,

It's a very weak metaphor, but if we think of individuated as like waves on the sea, we can imagine that 'it is all one' ongoing event.... individual waves, however prominent, are ephemeral.... they appear and disappear from view, in part, according to what is going on around them. Still, the impulse that created the wave, or the force tha drove it, still moves across the sea, even if the wave itself is no longer visible. Add to this metaphor the idea that the waves themselves have some capacity, varying across waves, as to self-determination.

Some waves, by nature or circumstance, will tend to have their force dissipated and spread out, (increased disorder, presumably, increased entropy) and their identifiability as discrete entities also thins out and seemingly evaporates... but the force that precipitated thier existence in the first place is still there... moving through the sea in own diffuse way.

All this is meant to be 'just another model' to think about the matter with. The more models we have to look at the data with, the less inaccurate our current operating model is likely to be.

Montana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hey Montana,

That is a good way of looking at it.

Thanks so much for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 pm 
Quote:
I am a bit confused. In MBT, p311 book 2, it states that we are individuated consciousness and cannot stop existing.

However, if an individuated consciousness continues to increase its entropy after many opportunities, will it be exterminated?

If AUM was to increase its overall entropy would
it die along with all of the individuated conciousness that has been created?
My view on this logical assumption is that the IUOC is like a non physical hard drive, and if it gets infected with a certain amount of high entropy. The main system simply deletes the data, as to start over with hopes of better freewill choices that lead to entropy reduction. Nothing dies so to speak, it just becomes aware and starts processing data as it receives it, (starts over with a clean slate). As far as AUM dying (high entropy) that is what it is trying not to do, it is evolving (lowering entropy). If it started to devolve and its entropy raised to a point, i would think it would follow the same path as the IUOC. As to start over and try it again. This theory if it does happen would fit into a efficient evolution machine that never ends. Sabby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I would imagine that AUM has multiple motivations for the creation of virtual realities and IUOCs. But the base motivation is logically the reduction of entropy. Let's conceptualize AUM as an artist who is motivated to express art for the sake of art. AUM-artist spends eons of trial-and-error evolving hands, eyes, canvas, paints, and so on to undertake this endeavor. AUM-artist lifts his/her hand to grasp a paintbrush but cannot, because AUM's fingers are busy arguing and fighting amongst themselves. Thus, AUM needs encourage IUOCs to reduce their own entropy in order to engage in secondary pursuits.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 am 
No one says lowering entropy can not be a blast (a lot of fun). True evolution is fundamentally serious business, so is working and raising a family, very gratifying and rewarding, the mistake i think we make is letting fear and the ego take charge.That feedback that we get that says this is right, i feel good in my skin, i am happy with my progress, and that life is, and can be a lot of fun. All of this positive feedback and more, is in my view a sign of we are on the the right path toward entropy reduction. Another words living right and moving in the right direction towards higher states of organization (LOVE). allows us to paint a much prettier picture. If it ain`t fun loving its not spiritual. Sabby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

imagine you are sitting in a blank room with a blank canvas and a set of paints and painter tools.

on some fundamental level, you just know that approaching the canvas and doing something with the paint is "better" than just sitting there and leaving a blank canvas, and there is the boredom factor.

I think the creation of individuated fragments of itself, and then observing these fragments learn the arts of individuation (bump on the sheet manifold), then gradually become aware of their higher selves and detect the higher ruleset (our sheetness), then complete themselves by moving toward becoming balanced, individuated but increasingly integrated (loving) entities, is AUM's art as well as entertainment.

I suspect that beyond becoming love (integrated), the fundamental purpose is to have something to fill the apparently infinite time. There is a certain relaxation when you take this perspective on your PMR experience - a focus on the moment, rather than a goal...the journey rather than arriving at the station

even becoming love corrupts into a neurotic goal of ego, and you even have to let go of that

monkey coconut trap syndrome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This may or may not be pertinent but that shooting in Colorado, the people that put themselves between a bullet and their loved one which were killed upped the QoC of their bits of Consciousness and the LRC. Now at what ratio to the actions of the shooter the other way the QoC went I don't know.
Love
Bette