Return Home
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm 

Has anyone used Garageband on an Apple computer to make binaural beats? If yes, how do you do it and what two frequencies are you using for getting out of the body?

Is 3.87 Hz the best frequency to leave the body? What are the best frequencies for men and women to leave the body?

Geoff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Geof,

You ask is 3.87 Hz the best frequency to leave your body? Ok I need to regress a tiny bit here – let me explain. When Tom was working with Bob and Dennis and they connected the ECG machine to the subject who was already out of body, they found that, on average the main frequency present in the energy of the brainwaves was typically around 3.87 (also called the theta state).

Using this frequency in your own sounds should help encourage your brain to produce more of that particular frequency by biological processes, such as the Frequency Following Response or Reticular Activating System. I do not know the details of how these processes work and it is outside of my scope of knowledge, apart from the fact that it has something to do with the brain stem.

As Tom says it is just a tool that you can use to focus your intent. It does not guarantee that you will get of body, rather it might put you in a state that is more conducive to that experience, based on what we have seen with subjects in the past.

I have not personally used Garageband to generate binaural beats, but typically in the past I have used Audition. Firstly you would need to decide on a base carrier frequency on which to modulate your 3.87Hz carrier. As an example; Hemi-Sync use a 100Hz base carrier for the theta-part of Focus-10. Note that other carriers are also used that are modulated over the top of it, but to keep things simple a straight 3.87 binaural beat should suffice.

You might not like 100Hz – That is you might prefer something different. You need to pick a frequency that works for you.

You would then add a 3.87Hz carrier over the top of that. How? Well at the most basic level you could generate two tones - one in each channel, that would be 100+3.87Hz (or 103.87Hz) in one channel and, say 100Hz in the other channel. This would give you the 3.87Hz ‘wave ring’, ‘binaural beat’, ‘oscillation’ or whatever term you want to call it.

Typically the creation of beats would follow something like this:
1. Create new stereo workspace, at say 16-bit, 44KHz and perhaps two hours long or however long you want your meditation to be.
2. Go to one channel and generate a sine wave of 100Hz
3. Go to the other channel and generate a sine wave of 103.87Hz
4. If you want to be creative, add some Pink noise in the background to make it sound more soothing and less like a computer-generated sound.
5. Perhaps use a ‘fade-in’ tool to slowly raise the volume of the track initially
6. Save the track as a audio file in the format that you want and put it on your music player.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

although you did not directly ask about this...

I have tried several Apps, and like Entrainment which permits you to customize preset files to 3.86 or 3.88 ... , with no technical knowledge- I don't know if 3.87 is necessary, perhaps someone could weigh in on that - after your tail in, you can set it for a gentle slope from 3.88 to 3.86 to catch the entire range

I also work with gnaural, an open source downloadable program, which requires a bit more software operating aptitude. The developer likes and includes in the default file wake up spikes - don't know if this would end up interrupting an actual experience - perhaps someone could give an opinion on this

also check out OBE4U.com as well as the lucid dreaming pathway, the latter which you can listen to many youtube instruction videos

also don't forget to try Tom's specific mantric method that he outlines in the Trilogy and trying things from point consciousness

some of the data suggest focussing on the hours of the morning just before you would normally awake

so far, I have only managed to screw up my sleep cycle and get very grumpy due to sleep deprivation, and have some nice afternoon naps ; - )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just made a binaural beat the other day that is at 3.86. It starts at 12 hz, and ramps down to 3.86, where it stays for almost 30 minutes. Feel free to download and share.

http://soundcloud.com/johndiasparra/bin ... soundcloud#_=_

I wrote out some semi detailed instructions. This one works well for me, I hope it does for you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I just made a binaural beat the other day that is at 3.86. It starts at 12 hz, and ramps down to 3.86, where it stays for almost 30 minutes. Feel free to download and share.

http://soundcloud.com/johndiasparra/bin ... soundcloud#_=_

I wrote out some semi detailed instructions. This one works well for me, I hope it does for you guys.
nice filesharing tool!

what base hrz did you use? it would be nice to have a low hrz for guys (100?) and a high hrz for gals (1000?), following Toms advice on this

one file I am trying to build for overnight would be 8 hours, 5 hours of silence, then 3.86 or so that would kick in in the wee hours while I was still sleeping, with a verbal track added that would ask "am I dreaming".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I start this one at 12, ramp it down to 3.86 after some time and it rests there for almost 30 minutes. The base hz start at 180, and go down to 100 by the end.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

This is what I use a lot.

Resonance Sound Mixer

http://download.cnet.com/Resonance/3000 ... 11555.html

modules/settings:

1. Rain and Thunder
2. Red Fullmoon
3. A-theta (meditation), Octave 2 (110hz), Binaural gap 4hz

Then when first starting, stare at a candle flame from about 2 feet for 10 minutes.

Then lay down on your back and stare at the flame impression on the back of your eyelids. Where the light comes to rest is your focus point. Remember the location of your focus point. Stare with your intent until the flame becomes a vortex. Ride the vortex until the ride stops. Get off and you're "there" at NPMR.

This is an over simplification but one that I hope will work for you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

can anyone speak to the importance of 3.87 vs 4.0?

do individuals have a trigger point somewhere in that range, and you need to find your trigger point, or is ballpark sufficient?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 am 
Curator
Curator

It would be my understanding that there is both a 'ballpark' and that there are variations for individuals and so a specific frequency for the individual to find. That is what I pick up and not what I have experimented with personally however. I do not know.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:39 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I've had the same success with anything ranging for 3.5hz to 5.5hz. The specific frequency may not be that important.

One thing that's interesting is there appears to be some sort of "rule set" governing this experience. I am probably not the best at explaining this, but I feel something like a voice over my shoulder (guardian angels?) that encourages some information to be shared and discourages other "NPMR experience related information". I think it may be related to some degree to the Psi Uncertainty Principle. I will continue to explore this avenue and to "follow the voice". I am also led to read and re-read the Gospel of Thomas for some reason.
Quote:
39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."
Quote:
59. Jesus said, "Look to the living one as long as you live, otherwise you might die and then try to see the living one, and you will be unable to see."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Resonance Sound Mixer

modules/settings:

1. Rain and Thunder
2. Red Fullmoon

Then when first starting, stare at a candle flame from about 2 feet for 10 minutes.

Then lay down on your back and stare at the flame impression on the back of your eyelids. Where the light comes to rest is your focus point. Remember the location of your focus point. Stare with your intent until the flame becomes a vortex. Ride the vortex until the ride stops. Get off and you're "there" at NPMR.

I downloaded this but I can't get it to play. What am I doing wrong?
Linda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As I've learned recently the auditory system can discriminate between frequencies as close together as 2 Hz which means that 3.87 Hz is within range to be attended to while perhaps not being too different. Also the cochlea is where the low and high frequency affected hairs are located that the frequencies coming into the ears are amplified and create a mechanical action called "otocacoustic emmisions" which is a sound produced by the cochlea as a result of the stimuli. Once whatever happens happens at the sensory modality the beat is sent to the superior olivary vuclei where both sides of the auditory system share information. This is where the magic happens I'd say as the SOV is in charge of binauaral data it says right here in my textbook.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:

Resonance Sound Mixer

modules/settings:

1. Rain and Thunder
2. Red Fullmoon

I downloaded this but I can't get it to play. What am I doing wrong?
Linda
The interface is confusing.

I would suggest opening a preset by clicking the [Preset] button on the bottom left of the screen in between the [Modules] and [Visual] buttons. Then double click a preset from the list on the left. Now click the [Modules] button on the bottom left. Here you can modify the various sounds by clicking anywhere on the row of that sound.

Now in the bottom right corner click the > "play" button and you should here sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please remember Geoff, there's no body for you to "leave." If you keep excepting some sort of magical mystical experience you might be missing the subtle things / experiences. Instead of focusing on "getting out of your 'body'" . Just forget it ever even existed in the first place. Viola!

Adam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If anyone else has more binaural beats at 3.87 Hz, please share.

Would there also be any problems with listening to these beats too much? I'm wondering if these beats only work if you use them once in awhile so that you don't build some kind of tolerance against it.