Return Home
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom Campbell Live on 21/12/12 at 11:30AM PST - TOM CAMPBELL RETURNS TO NEWS FOR THE SOUL: Physicist Tom Campbell (author of My Big Toe [theory of everything] returns to News for the Soul to continue exploring 'the unknown' on this auspicious day in history if you lend any credence to the Mayan calendar. Tom assisted in setting up the original Monroe Institute and has many years of consciousness 'work' under his belt.
http://www.newsforthesoul.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice timing :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BEST. ENDING. EVER!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You can't beat a little teleporting by Tom!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, I didn't see that coming.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:06 am 
Curator
Curator

Could someone explain how that web site works to me. I went on it and saw the talk on Dec. 21st by Tom. I could not listen to it however as there was a constant jabber of advertisements, perhaps more than one at a time, riding over the top of that presentation making it impossible to understand. I could never find the place where this could be turned off or see any sign that I had inadvertently turned on more than one presentation at a time. I just had to abandon my efforts to listen to this. I will try again, but it did not seem promising.

On returning and being very careful not to click on or even pass my cursor over any active screen areas, I get just one audio stream, but it was not Tom's talk and I could not see why it started so I could not see how to turn it off and turn on, or try to turn on, Tom's talk instead. Not a well constructed site, to my thinking.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ted.

I took a quick glance so that I can see what the problem was in your case and I think I figured it out. When you go to the main page it automatically starts the radio show on the left side called -> LISTEN LIVE ON THE WEB. Under there you can see the following comment
Quote:
The player below is airing our current LIVE show OR re-airing our most recent live show [recorded online prior to going out to our many syndicated stations]. Hit PAUSE to stop this audio and PLAY to resume...
First of all stop it.

Then go to the Tom's show which is on the main page under "21/12/12 at 11:30AM PST - TOM CAMPBELL RETURNS TO NEWS FOR THE SOUL" and start it there. And now you can listen it without the noise from the other show (Live bar).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:16 am 
Curator
Curator

Thanks, Ingerul. That was extremely well hidden from my point of view. Poor web site design, in my opinion. Like so many web sites that place their main 'buttons' as a light gray, small text word placed on a white or off white background. Not at all visible to someone like me with damaged eye sight. Here that particular information and control button are well hidden in the general 'noise' level of the page and not at all in a prominent position. It actually fits in well with the whole zeitgeist of talk radio where you get a vast amount of noise, advertisements and jabber framing, and perhaps hiding, the actual and worthwhile content.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I use the Firefox browser with a add-on application called No Script.

When I went to that link the Live show did not play and I found the MBT audio link.

This type of sutorun application when opening web pages was the initial motivation to use the add-on. I have found it exceedingly useful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You can't beat a little teleporting by Tom!
Yes, it was unusual for Tom's interview. :)

Lena

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

When I went to that link the Live show did not play and I found the MBT audio link.

This type of sutorun application when opening web pages was the initial motivation to use the add-on. I have found it exceedingly useful.
I'll have to try and do this add on thingie.
Thanks.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

I'll have to try and do this add on thingie.
Thanks.
Love
Bette

Yeah, it could be even more useful to you with your bandwidth issues.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good advice here - however:
"NoScript" can be difficult to handle aka use.

The combination of the two addons "Adblock Plus" and "Flashblock" (for the Firefox Browser) also does the trick - and requires no interaction to decide to allow/disallow something.
All Flash content (such as the audio player on that website) is not loaded by default but replaced with an icon you have to click - only then it is loaded and replayed.
Saves bandwidth - and avoids confusing situations like those that happened here for Ted.
"Adblock" removes many annoying ad's - it delivers a more clean page to look at on many sites by not showing/loading advertisements - and also saves bandwidth in the process.

"Flashblock" alone would be sufficient for the purpose here.

... the two most useful extensions in existence IMO (to the Firefox Browser - but available for others)
I actually don't know what the web looks like without them ;) - they are active all the time here.

... my 0.02 cents

All the best!

Last edited by Jonathan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, Jonathon makes a good point. That app is complex and may need user management. I haven't used his recommendations but have seen positive comments on them around the web.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

... indeed - functionality is about equivalent - whithout the work/interaction nessesary for "NoScript".
(I know it from experience - you should maybe try those two instead of "NoScript")