Return Home
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

As Ted has stated --- and as I agree --- the mystery of dark matter/energy might possibly be resolved with the realization that dark matter/energy may, in fact, be a cosmic "fudge factor" added after the fact to preserve the principles of physical causality that exist within our reality. Upon further consideration of this likelihood, I have to wonder: is the existence of a cosmic fudge factor ipso facto evidence that we are the most advanced intelligence in the observable universe? Does the mere existence of a fudge factor hint at a possible ad hoc attempt by the LCS to preserve the logical/causal integrity of this reality?

It seems to me that if we fell somewhere in a long succession of very intelligent species within the observable universe, the physical constants fundamental to our reality would have already been adjusted so that no correction factor would be needed. On the other hand, if we are an experiment that exceeded someone's expectations, then it might be necessary to go back in and add a fudge factor.

Most of those reading this will doubtless be familiar with Fermi's Paradox. Is anyone else following my reasoning here?

Last edited by Icarus on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 pm 
Curator
Curator

Icarus,

It isn't that the LCS System creates the cosmic fudge factor. It is rather that modern science has to believe that their understanding of this reality is exact. But when they try to match their theories with the observations of the behavior of distant stars over the whole of the observed universes at present, there is a gap. A gap between what theory states should happen and what observation shows instead. So dark energy and dark matter are inserted as a fudge factor into the theoretical calculations to make results match observations. There is a gap between theory and observation and this fudge factor is introduced to patch over the breach. So either the laws of science are still far from known or the System did not bother to make behavior match a consistent set of rules as the laws of physics.

In a way, this is like the contorted thinking of ancient science inventing such complicated epicycles to the Ptolemaic model of the universe with everything revolving around the earth as the center of the universe in resistance to the Copernican revolution. When the paradigm shifted to Copernicus' science, these complications could be removed as unnecessary from the model of the Universe. There is either some new laws unknown at presence which would permit these fudge factors being removed and replaced or there simply is no extension to present models to match observation.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Ted,

Right. That is actually what I meant. The LCS didn't create dark matter/energy --- the concept of dark matter/energy is instead a mathematical artifact of an observed reality that has features that can't be reconciled with our current understanding of physical causality. So, in effect, the LCS dropped the ball. The experiment exceeded expectations, and so the observed physical universe cannot be reconciled with our understanding of the fundamental physical forces --- in this case, gravity.

So we're left with a gap, as you say, between theory and observation....which gives rise to my original question: "Is dark matter/energy ipso facto evidence that we are, in fact, the most intelligent species within the observable universe?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:24 am 
Curator
Curator

There was a paper reported on the Internet which claimed that there had been no dark matter or dark energy found in this local galaxy. I was going to post it as evidence that there might be in fact something special about this galaxy as perhaps being 'special' as the center of PMR incarnations. There was a lot of static on the board with someone wanting to post extensively in the ancient aliens and visiting aliens way. However, before I got that done, there was another paper on the Internet refuting what was said in the first paper so I did not remark on this situation here. A search indicates that this is still not a settled matter.

I have in fact posted in the past about how the VR is generated from the central fractal levels, that we as humans can experience, outward from this as the 'center' and that we therefore just get lights in the sky and dirty water in the ditch, until we can augment our raw virtual senses and see beyond this with telescopes and microscopes. I don't remember specifics, but I believe that Tom has stated that we are not the most technically advanced VR that he had encountered, that there are in fact others. The System can in fact change the level of 'display' for the VR as necessary when someone starts looking with augmented senses. There is the future probable data base which the System makes use of so as not to have surprises. So I don't see this as evidence that the System has been caught 'with its pants down'. I think that it is more that science has simply not figured it out fully as yet. There is of course the possibility that it has been left as a deliberate anomaly as another clue that this is in fact a Virtual Reality and that ultimately, there need not be a consistent set of rules based upon fully deterministic physicality for the VR to exist and function.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

It will be interesting to see how this develops. String Theory seems not to be terribly productive. Loop Quantum Gravity, on the other hand, seems to me more promising in the sense that it may merge with digital physics at some point in the future. But what sets the dark matter/energy mystery apart is the magnitude of the observed discrepancy. Supposedly, something like 85% of the mass of the universe is unobservable. Given the accuracy and predictive power of both general relativity and QM, it’s hard to imagine that anything deeply fundamental about the workings of our VR rule set could have been overlooked. The very emergence of the digital physics movement suggests that our theoretical models may already be close to a complete representation of our VR rule set.

So we circle around again to the question of what dark matter/energy may represent in the context of MBT. At this point, I can see how any discussion along the lines of “Why is the anomaly there?” eventually gives way to meaningless speculation. There is no way of knowing whether any given anomaly is indicative of incomplete understanding of the rule set, or was an error or an intentional act on the part of the LCS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It appears that one of the most promising areas in which this dark matter/energy dilemma can finally be put to rest is in the field of electric plasma physics. Almost all plasma physicists are well aware of the fact that the vast majority of the universe is not made up of invisible matter -- the so-called dark energy and dark matter -- but rather of matter that is in the plasma state.

99% of deep space is filled with electrical charges and magnetic energy -- electromagnetic plasma. And electromagnetic forces between electrical charges are many orders of magnitude stronger than the gravitational force. The problem with the missing matter becomes a very solvable problem when electromagnetic plasma is included in the mix.

It seems that the invention of dark matter and dark energy is partially due to the fact that most astrophysicists do not study plasma research in graduate school. They rarely take courses that discuss the Maxwell-Lorentz equations (describing the domain in which galaxies reside) and electromagnetic field theory. Therefore, they attempt to explain new discoveries by what they do study -- mainly gravity. As a result, when problematic questions arise about the failure of their incomplete models, particularly the missing mass, you then see the concoction of the mystical dark energy and dark matter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:31 pm 
Curator
Curator

Ever heard this before: "to the man with {only} a hammer, all the world is a nail"?

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've heard that before, but that statement would only hold water if I stated that the electromagnetic force was the only force in the universe and that it had to apply to everything. That's not what I said. Newton's law of universal gravitation works fine for smaller models, but it doesn't work for galaxies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm 
Curator
Curator

Michael,

You are taking hold of the wrong end of the stick. The point was that the majority of cosmologists, who are not knowledgeable about electrodynamics of plasmas (is that saying it right?), are the ones possessing the hammer and thus come up with a matching explanation that there must be a nail out there.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Michael,

This is a very interesting insight. As I recall, electromagnetic forces, like gravity, follow the inverse square law. So I can see how this could go a long way towards explaining some of the observed discrepancies. I can also see how any consideration of electromagnetic effects could make the computational models orders of magnitude more complex to solve.

My differential equations instructor in college used to frequently refer to what he called the "3 particle problem", where the trajectories of 3 point masses in deep instellar space are calculated based on the mutual gravitational attraction between them. He called this problem "highly non-trivial", which was probably an understatement. Throw electromagetic forces on top of that, all in a dynamic environment, and I can see what you'd end up with is one hell of a beast in terms of the processing capacity necessary to simulate the results. Of course, this is exactly the sort of problem that supercomputers are built to solve.

Can you provide a link to any online articles discussing this topic? My curiosity is piqued.

~ Icarus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted -- Thanks. Glad to hear that. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Icarus -- Check out this web site: http://www.holoscience.com/wp/

It has a vast amount of information, articles, and links that should answer just about any question you might have.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:02 am 
Curator
Curator

Extra, extra! Read all about it!

What If The Universe Isn't Accelerating The Way We Think?
By News Staff | April 10th 2015 | Scientific Blogging, Science 2.0

It seems that they are going to have to fall back and punt regarding the increasing acceleration of the expanding universe and the necessary amount of 'Dark Matter and Dark Energy' necessary to 'fudge' the existing equations to meet what they thought was happening. They assumed certain characteristics of Ig stars, whatever they are, to be uniform but it turns out on taking a deeper look that they are not. And the result was that they miscalculate what the expansion rate for observable reality was. So the fudge factor must be turned down a significant amount. No telling what the situation will be once they get all their ducks in a row.
Quote:
How fast the universe has been expanding since the Big Bang is something of a puzzling question. It wasn't that long enough that we didn't know it was accelerating at all, and a new study finds the acceleration of the expansion of the universe might not be as fast as thought.

The currently accepted view of the universe expanding at a faster and faster rate, pulled apart by an unknown force labeled under the umbrella term 'dark energy', is based on observations that resulted in the 2011 Nobel Prize for Physics. But observations based on uniform type Ia supernovae - cosmic "beacons" - may actually fall into different populations.

That's like comparing 100-watt light bulbs only to find out they vary in brightness.

"We found that the differences are not random, but lead to separating Ia supernovae into two groups, where the group that is in the minority near us are in the majority at large distances -- and thus when the universe was younger," says astronomer Peter A. Milne of the University of Arizona. "There are different populations out there, and they have not been recognized. The big assumption has been that as you go from near to far, type Ia supernovae are the same. That doesn't appear to be the case."
http://www.science20.com/news_articles/ ... ink-154748

Do the new guys get Nobel Prizes also or do the first set in 2011 have to pay theirs back? Life is hard. All that work and all those numbers crunched and all of those discoveries made and now to do it all over again.

Ted