Return Home
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:02 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:25 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The Buddhists deny the existence of self. They're probably not wrong. Our sense of self is actually an illusion. It is based only on continuity of memory as illustrated by the following thought experiment.

Imagine in some future scenario that the entire contents of a person's brain can be somehow transferred into an adult (but unconscious) clone of the same person. Imagine that person is you and that your unconscious clone (complete with identical scars, moles, etc.) is lying on a table next to you in an operating room. The entire contents of your brain has been scanned and saved, and will shortly be transferred into the body of your clone. Upon transfer, you will be killed. Does the fact that your clone will wake up where you left off provide any comfort to you? Do you feel less scared of what awaits? Do you feel as though you will "wake up" in the body of your clone? Of course not. Your sense of identity is strong and you will likely resist being terminated. You do not identify with your clone. Although your clone will wake up and vehemently and sincerely insist that he is you, the "real" you would deny the authenticity of this imposter. Meanwhile, your clone will have no reason to believe that he is not you unless he has full awareness of the procedure that brought him into being. Even with this knowledge, he will still feel as if he is you. This throws into doubt the whole notion of what the "self" is. In fact, the "self" is nothing more than continuity of memory.

Still not convinced? Well, have you ever gone under general anesthesia? So how do you know that this "clone procedure" was not done to you while you were under anesthesia? How do you know that you are not a clone of the original? Answer: you don't know. You don't know because your sense of self is based entirely on continuity of memory and nothing else. There is nothing fundamental or intrinsic about your sense of self. It is illusory.

What this means to me is that consciousness is primarily an experiencer and an accumulator of experience. It reads and writes to files; it is not the contents of those files. Therefore it is unassociated with any sense of self. The code that we call "consciousness" re-configures itself in order to process more optimally. To process more optimally in this context means to work more cooperatively with the whole. The individual code is the IUOC and it is indeed unique, but it has no sense of self because it is not a vehicle for memory.

If I'm right about this, it means that what Tom describes as QoC is really a relative measure of the effectiveness of the IUOC "code". It also would explain why QoC has nothing to do with memory although it IS strongly dependent on accumulated experience.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:35 am 
Curator
Curator

Icarus,

What you are saying here is what I am constantly trying to teach here, stated slightly differently and leaving aside your speculations regarding cloning. We as IUOCs, our base being, serve the great majority of their time as what you might call digital neurons, networked together by the RWW and thus serving as a part of The One Consciousness. The One Consciousness has now developed to the point that Tom Campbell refers to it as the Absolute Unbounded Manifold or AUM. While serving as such, our IUOCs have no memory individually but rather as part of AUM are linked to the memory of AUM to which they have no individual access and of which they have no individually accessible memory. There they do not experience a self.

A much smaller part of their available time as delta t/system state changes of the LCS is spent as a digital mind/avatar within the VR of NPMR. Then they do have an associated memory of their continuous history and incoming experience packets that place them in NPMR. Without these things 'external' to them as IUOCs as these messages and past history, they have no individual consciousness. They periodically 'incarnate' in PMR and assume a PMR avatar by becoming associated with a past history/memory of this PMR experience and the incoming data that provides their PMR experience. Thus our existence in PMR can be accurately called Illusion, as the Buddha famously did, and which I translate as a Virtual Reality experience, just as per MBT.

This would appear to be exactly what you are saying here, but in different terminology. If you can see through differences in terminology and the accretions of millennia as the Buddhist religion, the Buddha and the Buddhists have it pretty much right in our understanding.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
There is nothing fundamental or intrinsic about your sense of self. It is illusory.
I wonder if this is entirely true. When a IUOC makes an abrupt transition from PMR to NPMR, either temporarily, as with an NDE, or permanently, the VR associated with PMR is disrupted and yet as the IUOC is making the transition to the VR associated with NPMR there is often a reported awareness of self. Furthermore, the IUOC recognizes that the self in the PMR and the self in the NPMR are the same. True, much of our self-identity is associated with the particular VR we are experiencing (such as reliving a past life), but I personally think there is a core awareness of self that we maintain separate from any VR.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm 
Curator
Curator

Tom,

I don't understand it that way. To me, it is clear that our IUOC in and of itself has no self awareness and no consciousness. When it is functioning as a part of AUM, having self awareness would complicate things and potentially very much so. As part of AUM, think of us as a neuron in the brain of AUM, potentially interconnected to any or all of the other IUOCs by messages over the RWW. When we function as a part of the mind of AUM, having any self awareness would just monkey up the works.

What we are conscious of is provided by our local instance of TBC which is just us as the IUOCs that participate in OS and some particular VRs of NPMR and PMR type within OS. Any time your IUOC receives such messages, they place it as an avatar into a VR. The 'jump' between PMR and back to integration with our continuing avatar in NPMR at PMR death can be handled in various ways, depending upon how your guidance finds it necessary to treat you as very gently with an elaborate transition or straight back to a rapid reintegration. Will the you that you perceive yourself as right now handle an abrupt jolt? If you can, then do it the fast way and no problems occur. If you have great attachment to a belief system or are a rank beginner who has had a hard life, then do it the slow and gentle way with an intermediate VR where you stay with your coreligionists until you outgrow your belief system. Or perhaps handle it with a VR that provides special schooling and training to get you up to speed.

Tom doesn't describe this but Robert Monroe did with his belief system territories. Michael Newton with his past life and between lives regression studies also talked about this. You just have to keep note that these descriptions are all subjective and don't expect any experience of your own to mirror what is described in their books.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The 'jump' between PMR and back to integration with our continuing avatar in NPMR at PMR death can be handled in various ways, depending upon how your guidance finds it necessary to treat you as very gently with an elaborate transition or straight back to a rapid reintegration.
Tom discusses this point and the afterlife transition in the below video, particularly from 36:09:

Tom Campbell: Fireside Chat with MBT Forum Jan 4, 2015 Pt 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom, has laid out a metaphoric model, of how reality works, { MBT}, which , in my personal opinion, thus far, in my avatar thinking process, in this reality frame/data stream, is,- light years, ahead on anything that I have ever, become privy to -, in the way of "Understandable" and Relative metaphors, that, seem to appear as "non"-metaphors, - to our thinking process in our avatar -er- ial- form/state- sensory perceptions and intellectual processing of all thought, period- in this form [avatars[, and streaming this VR PMR, : >>>>>>>>>>>
>
that, when reading the post & comments , which , by the way, Icarus,- your analogy, awesome. Ted,- you have been stating this all along, but as you stated- in other terminology. Tom D, your statements, I, also, feel, were very good personal input, and not outside of MBT. Clarke, I watched that video , when it first became available, I will have to go back to it again. Anyway, what you all posted, is [ IMO], perfect for this forum,- great fellas. Post & comments like these, cause us to expand deeper into MBT concepts of reality.

But, I will have to give this some more research, into MBT'S , concept of this issue- { IUOC's /Self - identity, not our avatar's personality}. I say this because, of a several reasons, which, most of them are based on what I have heard and read others, expound on this subject of "Self" Identity, and simultaneously being part of the "ONE" consciousness, LCS or AUM, and yet, remaining to have "Free will " in NPMR, as an IUOC.

As our IUOC, for example is, in, a post, avatar, incarnation status, and has not streamed back into AUM , and per say, the IUOC, is drifting, thru NPMR/{streaming other data, and maybe experiencing another VR in NPMR, in some avatarerial form, to receive that particular reality frame stream {VR}, >>> it seems, to me, logically, that, their is more to the individualized IUOC, in way of , a-type of personality, or has preferences, which aid in making choices or decisions.

The way I am perceiving "this", so far , is - when we are in AUM, we have no memory, no preferences, but we still have entropy. To, lower entropy, thus- raises our QOC, so to sit snuggle and tight inside of AUM , we are "frozen", void of individualized thought, or memory, and we are just receiving data from the whole of AUM, but , nothing individual, for our individual growth or entropy reduction, - which , per MBT- benefits the whole of AUM.

Therein, it seems like, that explains why , there are so many entities in NPMR, that are out there looking to connect in the various data streams & reality frames, in the way of "viewing", those data streams, - {if those data streams are V PMR}, and not taking on an avatar form, as to interact as a V human or whatever??

For, example - Seth, from the channeler - Jane Roberts. Years ago, I read just about all of her/Seth, material & Seth Speaks, and there are many others like this , around today. Some real, some fake. So, in response to the main post, and comments that followed, and my statements and question, I would like anyone, if they, would, to direct me, and expound a little more on this topic.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
The 'jump' between PMR and back to integration with our continuing avatar in NPMR at PMR death can be handled in various ways, depending upon how your guidance finds it necessary to treat you as very gently with an elaborate transition or straight back to a rapid reintegration.
Tom discusses this point and the afterlife transition in the below video, particularly from 36:09:

Tom Campbell: Fireside Chat with MBT Forum Jan 4, 2015 Pt 1

In this video Tom explains something that I've heard him explain a number of times, and that is about communicating with a deceased loved one "people get hung up on this and say they want to talk to the real person and not just the database. Well, the database IS the real person." He explains that everything in the database is exactly the same except the person does not have free will (I haven't viewed any videos that have him also state that consciousness is not in the database either, so I wonder if newbies to MBT think they would be communicating with the conscious entity?)

I suppose it depends on what one considers "the real person" as to how they would perceive this. To Tom, the data in the database is the real person, and that makes sense considering that we ARE data, as Tom says. I would say that to others, including myself, the "real person" would have to include the consciousness, and of course Tom says that consciousness is fundamental. It's hard FOR ME to think of my IUOC, with no consciousness, and as part of AUM, doing it's thing processing data, as ME (or more accurately, me being a part of it). I like the thought of being in VR's, getting to play different characters, one after the other, able to think and have a sense of "I am" in each VR. I don't care that my sense of "self, I am" dissolves after each experience packet. Who cares? It's the experience and opportunity that counts. But I have a hard time thinking of the databases as myself, "the real person" as Tom puts it. I look at it as the same thing as a video that I'm in in PMR. My "I am" is not there. The only difference would be that others could interact with the database and not a PMR video. This is how I see it, my personal viewpoint of what makes a person "real" must include being conscious.

I hope it is okay to express this personal opinion.

Ann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:44 pm 
Curator
Curator

Ann,

Keep in mind that the data base is the basis of your memory. What makes you yourself is that your IUOC uses the data base of what you have been and done in the past to define you on into the future. Your past history of experiences is what allows your IUOC to selectively evaluate the incoming data stream that shows what you are doing in the present and who with and to react to it based upon your developed history of understanding and actions and your developed personality. All that is being said is that in effect, your history is you as revealed by your personality and your actions.

If you look at someone and project their future and evaluate who they really are, do you not look first at what they do and have done? What is that but their history? If someone talks sweetly to you but at the same time stabs you in the back in actuality, what do you believe is the real person? Their history of bad behavior or their sweet talking you? If you look at it very closely and analytically, what components go into making up the you that you experience yourself as MBT explains it?
1) Your IUOC and its probable basic orientation and reaction to things as per the 16 personality subtypes of the 4 major primary types.
2) Your actualized past history as the basis of your memory as your memory is never as full or accurate as the past history. Part of the rule set is the degradation of memory with time and with age.
3) Your incoming data stream which defines the VR at the present instant to you.
4) The rule set of the VR and your own specific modifications to that rule set based on your genetics, age, gender, health and injuries.

What else is you if this is a VR? The LCS, with your actualized past data base (which is better than your memory) can do exactly what you have proven yourself to do in any given circumstance that is reasonably close to something out of history. You are known more accurately to the LCS than you are to anyone and anything else. You have no secrets from the LCS.

So what else do you think is there that will be missing unless you throw a real curve ball at someone whom you are visiting with by way of the LCS simulating them from the DB? Demand that they respond to something which you and they never dreamed of happening before you were separated by death? Even then, the LCS has a pretty good handle on what would happen as it knows both them and you better than you know or knew yourselves. Remember that the LCS can project everything ahead with pretty good accuracy for literally years in the future probable data base. And it is constantly updating that projection ahead with every passing instant of delta t.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:03 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Ted,

It is natural that we are going to have differences of opinion. In my case, I imagine our relationship with our Source as being much more synergistic. We feed information to our source, thereby increasing its repository of knowledge and we in turn receive information from our source that incorporates this increased knowledge into our data stream. But perhaps I misunderstand what you said.

I look upon transition from PMR to NPMR somewhat like sitting in a dark movie theater watching “This is my life.” All of a sudden the projection light goes out and we are left in the dark. Some enjoy the darkness, confident that the projection light will soon come back on revealing a new life experience. Others are frightened, and for some of these the light immediately comes on projecting comforting scenes while for others the projected images may be those of darkness and desolation. Consciousness exists in all three situations, but for the person who experiences and is comfortable with the dark, this is analogous to the void. It has no content, there is no data stream in play, but there is consciousness.

Since you mention Newton, you are probably aware that the script provided for him and his associates that facilitate life-between-lives experiences is fairly restricted. In other words, the kinds of experiences that are reported are fairly predictable from one therapist to another. Along this line, in the video that was mentioned in a previous post Tom C seems to imply that the transition is only a temporary VR imposed between incarnations, as if reincarnation is the norm for everyone. I question to what extent this is really true. However, I do appreciate Tom C revealing in some detail the state of affairs that exists in NPMR. It confirms some of what I believe.

Tom D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:32 pm 
Curator
Curator

Tom D,

As you are describing us, however you define us, as separate from AUM as the source, you are indeed at variance with what we understand from MBT where the understanding is that the Union of all IUOCs is AUM. To repeat yet again, you might think of all of the IUOCs as neurons in the mind of AUM, interconnected by the RWW which effectively is the axons and dendrites that connect these metaphorical neurons into a metaphorical Brain of AUM. Another thing which is greater than the sum of its parts.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Tom D,

As you are describing us, however you define us, as separate from AUM as the source, you are indeed at variance with what we understand from MBT where the understanding is that the Union of all IUOCs is AUM. To repeat yet again, you might think of all of the IUOCs as neurons in the mind of AUM, interconnected by the RWW which effectively is the axons and dendrites that connect these metaphorical neurons into a metaphorical Brain of AUM. Another thing which is greater than the sum of its parts.

Ted
Ted, in regards to the RWW, is it helpful to think of it as a "web" or dendrites, as you say... isn't it more like one big "block" of space, with no definable "webs"... as in, EVERYTHING is connected, and so from any point to any other point, can you not go directly from A to B in the most direct path, without following a sort of "web"? Do I have that right?

Of course, I'm now speaking in terms of a PMR VR so, I guess it doesn't really matter. i suppose with that said, your analogy holds up. ... I just see it as more than one big blob where any point can communicate directly with any other point... but really it's all one point, as it's technically non-physical. To each his own taste.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:49 pm 
Curator
Curator

Shaw,

If you don't want to read the whole thing, Tom's trilogy of books, then at least read the model on the Wiki. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/The_MBT_Model_Link_Page It doesn't have all of Tom's multiple points of view to allow the broadest range of readers to have a chance to follow it. It rather 'cuts to the chase', although the material is there, including the things which Tom hinted at in the main books. Sort of advanced questions for graduate students. People like myself have read the books upwards of 5 times, working our way through all of the information. It is admittedly not simple to understand. You have some major shortcomings in understanding Tom's version of reality.

When you get to the parts of the Wiki Model talking about Cellular Automatons and emergence and self organization, you will be at the part that explains how the RWW works. It does do what you say as it Unites all IUOCs into the Union that is AUM. But it is a clear path, not a straight path and does not need to be straight. It works the same way no matter how it might wander. That is the power of the concept.

It is your right, and even advised by Tom, to create your own TOE. And Tom does not claim that his model is the way that it is. I'm more likely to say that, because I noted the similarity to understandings going back for literally millennia which I have seen directly. But it does confuse discussions here when we try to make Tom's model clear and you are expounding yours.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Shaw,

If you don't want to read the whole thing, Tom's trilogy of books, then at least read the model on the Wiki. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/The_MBT_Model_Link_Page It doesn't have all of Tom's multiple points of view to allow the broadest range of readers to have a chance to follow it. It rather 'cuts to the chase', although the material is there, including the things which Tom hinted at in the main books. Sort of advanced questions for graduate students. People like myself have read the books upwards of 5 times, working our way through all of the information. It is admittedly not simple to understand. You have some major shortcomings in understanding Tom's version of reality.

When you get to the parts of the Wiki Model talking about Cellular Automatons and emergence and self organization, you will be at the part that explains how the RWW works. It does do what you say as it Unites all IUOCs into the Union that is AUM. But it is a clear path, not a straight path and does not need to be straight. It works the same way no matter how it might wander. That is the power of the concept.

It is your right, and even advised by Tom, to create your own TOE. And Tom does not claim that his model is the way that it is. I'm more likely to say that, because I noted the similarity to understandings going back for literally millennia which I have seen directly. But it does confuse discussions here when we try to make Tom's model clear and you are expounding yours.

Ted
Was merely asking for clarification on how it worked. Since the path is clear, I think of it more as one solid "thing", rather than a web, but it is the same thing Tom's talking about, just a different metaphor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If, Tom Campbell, has stated, that a particular concept, topic or issue, of reality,- " works like this", or "it, doesn't work that way"; whether I like it or not, - I personally, have to say that , it is the truth, of the matter. >>> Also, I understand, that Tom's history, here in this reality frame, and, his avatar personality & intellectually thought processing, have everything in the world to do with "how he describes, his Big TOE, based on his explorations/findings, >> via his avatar intellect, that our avatar intellect, is at the receiving end of the communication , and "we" avatars, process Tom's data, with our avatar personalities, all personal subjectively.

MBT >>>- I thought was to ,enlighten, our avatars in this data stream/reality frame, with a "model" of reality, for the purpose of finding, that there is a larger reality, that is not a subset of the PMR, but, the PMR is a subset of a NPMR LCS, - for the ULTIMATE PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL EVOLVING / RASING OUR QOC, = LOVE. >> Now, therein, Not, per Tom, but rather, per, the posting on this forum,>> - Tom's trilogy book, should be titled "MY Model of Reality". The word Theory, if, at all, is, hardly mentioned on these post. Everyone states, & comments, > like the book, is the all inclusive, actual model, word for word, letter for letter, >>and that it is not a metaphor, or "metaphoric, it is exactly as the book or Tom, describes in the literal sense, non -metaphoric or allegoric.

I asked, for some advice, in my first post, on this post/thread, and not one person has replied, to my post. The forum seems to be only interested in stating the politically correct MBT, grammar, and getting the model correct, rather than - REAL -NOW- LIFE, AND INTERACTION, FOR GROWING UP SPIRITUALLY. I DO NOT SEE MUCH DIRECTION IN THE WAY OF THE INTITAL PUPOSE OF MBT - TO EVOLVE , THERE IS TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON GETTING THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF THE MODEL, CORRECT,- "FOR CORRECTNESS OF MODEL, TERMINOLOGY", RATHER THAN THE LIVING CONSCIOUSNESS BEINGS THAT WE ARE.

THIS MAKES FOR A VERY STERILE, MACHINED , MECHANICAL, NON PERSONAL, NON LOVE, TYPYE OF ATMOSPHERE, TO INTERACT, IN , WITH SUPPOSEDLY LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUALS, { truth seekers}, BUT IT SEEMS MORE LIKE A DEBATE FORUM , A LOT OF TIMES.

I, AM, INTO TOM'S, MODEL OF REALITY, AND HIS LATEST MEDIA'S, BUT , I REALIZE I HAVE FILTERS, IN THIS REALITY FRAME, AND IN MY AVATAR AWARENESS- STATE/FORM-INTELLECTUALLY & EMOTIONALLY, AND - I AM AWARE OF JUST HOW MUCH, INDIVIDUAL SUBJECTIVE PERCEPTION, CREATES OUR PERSONAL DIALOGUE-INVIDUALLY , ON EVERY THOUGHT THAT WE VIEW OR STREAM.

YOU GUYS NEED TO MIX IT UP A LITTLE. YOU ARE NOT DIGITAL MACHINED FRACTUAL PARTS, YOU HAVE A PERSONAL IDENTITY, >- IF YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THIS POST," WHETHER IT IS TEMPORAL", DOES NOT MATTER- NOW. WE ARE IN THE NOW/MOMENT. AT THIS NOW/MOMENT, YOU ARE USING A HUMAN AVATAR FORM [ MIND & BODY],- RELATE A LITTLE MORE IN THIS SENSE, WITH THE MBT TERMINOLOGY.

THERE IS MORE TO MBT, THAN DIGITAL COMPUTER SCIENCE, BUT THAT IS ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE GETTING FROM IT. TOM'S DESCRIPTIONS, ARE THE MOST RELATIVE TO GRASP A HOLD OF HOW REALITY WORKS, BUT IN ACTUALITY , REALITY IS NOT A BIG DIGITAL COMPUTER NETWORK, BUT THIS DESCRPTION IS THE BEST FITTING METAPHORS, THAT HAS EVER BEEN.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE, { CORRECTLY OR INTELLIGENTLY} MY STREAMING IN NPMR, IF I DID, I MIGHT BE PICKED UP BY MEN IN WHITE SUITS, AND BRINGING A STRAIGH JACKET FOR ME. TOM CAMPBELL IS THE EXCEPTION, IN THIS DAY AND AGE, AND PROBABLY FOR MANY PREVIOUS DAYS AND AGES.

HAVEN'T YOU GUYS NOTICED, IN TOM'S VIDEOS & INTERVIEWS, THE PAST YEAR OR SO, HOW MUCH HE HAS WARMED UP, ON THE HUMAN SIDE. HE HAS LOOSENED UP , A LOT- IN A PERSONAL HUMAN SENSE, AND HE USES THE CORRECT TERMINOLOGY OF MBT, BUT HE SEEMS MORE PERSONAL , THAN, THE TECHNICAL DEBATES, & DISERTATIONS , THAT, I SEE ON THIS FORUM.

DO, YOU PEOPLE, FEEL THE EMOTION OF LOVE? WHEN YOU WALK IN THE FOREST, AND SEE THE BIRDS, TREES, SQUIRELS , AND WILDLIFE, ALL ABOUT YOU, - DO YOU GET A CHANGE OF EMOTION, OR DO YOU ANALYZE , THAT IT IS NOT REAL, AND HAVE NO ADMIRATION, FOR WHAT YOU PERCIEVE, WITH YOUR AVATAR SENSOR? WHEN YOU HAVE GREAT LOVE FOR A CHILD, FAMILY MEMBER, FREIND, DOG, CAT, OR FEEL EMPATHY AND SORRY FOR SICK, OR UNFORTUANTE PEOPLE.

I WOULD RATHER BE ADDICTED TO BEING A HUMAN AVATAR, AND HAVE THE EMOTION OF TRUE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, THAN SPEND MY EXISTENCE, IN A COLD, STERLILE , MECHANICAL , NON FEELING , NON PERSONAL MODE OF EXISTENCE.
OR LOOKING AT LIFE/EXISTENCE IS SUCH NON FEELING MODE, THIS IS NOT LOVE, THIS IS DOGMA.

IF , YOU GET A GLIMPS/TOUCH, OF THE UNCONDITONAL UNIVERSAL PURE LOVE, YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED TO IT.
MY WISHES FOR YOU ALL, IS THAT SOME WAY, SOMEHOW, YOU CAN STREAM THIS KIND OF DATA, INTO YOUR IUOC,
BEST WISHES TO ALL.
MIKE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:55 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Tom D,

Ted
I do not wish to imply that we are somehow separate from AUM, our source, only that we are autonomous. In my opinion, only as we are given absolute freedom within the particular VR in which we are functioning, limited only by its rule set, can we maximize our overall progress and the overall progress of AUM.

At question, it seems, is the unconditional consciousness of each IUOC, accompanied by self-awareness. In other words, is consciousness fundamental and we as conscious agents are given the opportunity to gain experience as an avatar within a VR or is consciousness not fundamental, but dependent upon our existence as an avatar within a VR? My position is that without consciousness there is nothing, and therefore no VR in which to gain experience. (There must always be an observer in order for there to be an observed.) Thus when a mystic experiences the nothingness of the Void, there is an observer but nothing to observe. Without an observer, there would be no one to report the experience of nothingness.

Rather than using the brain as a metaphor I wonder why it might not be better to use the www, with each IUOC analogous to an ISP address? Each one of us as an IUOC has a unique identification, like an ISP address, but unlike individual neurons. Should we desire, we can now share almost every thought and action through that ISP address to the whole www and that information can be stored someplace in huge database farms for later retrieval. There is no known mechanism whereby the brain can immediately store huge amounts of information, such as with hyperthymesia or with some savants.

Tom D