Return Home
It is currently Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Energy Work?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:20 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

My intention is to experience OBE because it's interesting and I feel it'd help me grow and lower my entropy. It's really a matter of curiosity and a keen interest in exploring. I will admit, a part of me would enjoy having this special ability, but I'm not doing this so I can go make YouTube videos or become a self-proclaimed guru. At most, I'd share my experiences with wife and my closest friends. But I'd certainly give them any advice that I could and not gloat over the abilities I had. Ultimately I'd be a very personal tool I'd like to have in order to help my wife and I become better people.

So these are my 'intentions', or wants I guess we could also call them. Whether the system grants me these opportunities or nudges me in this direction based on them is another question which I can only answer as time goes on.

So, from that starting point:

In Tom's most recent video, 15 Principles, he states that process is not necessary and simply 'intending' should allow one to phase in and out of various realities. However, I think at Tom's advanced level this may be true, but for a beginner this is running before walking.

So a practice of some kind is necessary, is it not? I feel this is corroborated by the fact that Tom himself started out with transcendental meditation and got pretty far along in his meditations way before coming upon Robert Monroe and ultimately developing his own personal methods over the next 35-40 years.

I also believe that there is a very nuts-and-bolts practical way to engage the architecture of the system directly, cutting through all the touchy-feely stuff, and precisely as Tom states in that 15 Principles video, we can eliminate all the incense and chanting for something much more precise and surgical.

In this regard, perhaps one may look at something like Robert Bruce's "New Energy Ways" or a type of 'meditation' where you are actually physically attempting to cultivate what Eastern traditions call 'Qui' or what one might call the ethereal body in order to achieve the vibrations which accompany all OBE.

So my question here is what people's experiences are with energy work as the primary vehicle of lowering entropy and gaining access to NPMR. E.g. Robert Bruce's methods or some other method. Are there any highly effective systems out there, almost like a 20-minute work out, that get to the core of the architecture between our bodies and NPMR and allow us to dispense with the unnecessaries?

Yes I know it sounds like I'm looking for a short cut to OBE, that's a fair criticism. But that's not entirely it. Moreso, I would just like something which has a high success rate for individuals who are born and raised in the Western tradition, something straight forward in plain English that takes into account what we already know through people like Tom Campbell, instead of ancient Yoga or Eastern meditation, as these concepts are very inaccessible. Is Robert Bruce's methodology the best we have at the moment? Has anyone here found any great methods that have provided great gains for their NPMR exploration?

Here's a link to Robert Bruce's PDF:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/imag ... ds/new.pdf

(I'm not plugging it I'm just posting here for the uninitiated, I have zero relation to Robert Bruce)

Thanks for any input.

Post subject: Re: Energy Work?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Expectation what an OBE is is a downfall. If you simply write down your 'dreams' and then see what path it takes you .
You may soon discover what is an OBE when you start remembering things ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Meditation is usually a good first step into full blown OBEs. Meditation helps you to quiet your mind and gives you a primer into transitioning data streams. Because that is what we are really talking about in OBEs. You don't really "go" anywhere. You just transition from your normal awake PMR (Physical Matter Reality), or dream data stream to another one.

Any of the books about OBE will probably get you there. I think the sleep-to-wake is the most successful one for a lot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:36 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

reality wrote:Expectation what an OBE is is a downfall. If you simply write down your 'dreams' and then see what path it takes you .
I have read this so many times I cannot count. I used to keep a dream journal when I was a teenager actually but as an adult I no longer do so.
Can you explain more about what you are actually achieving with this?
Is the act of memorizing a dream somehow affecting energies or changing me in some way such that my interaction with NPMR also changes?
Is it the act of transferring the dream to paper? The act of memorization?
Do you re-read them?
Sainbury wrote:Meditation is usually a good first step into full blown OBEs. Meditation helps you to quiet your mind and gives you a primer into transitioning data streams. Because that is what we are really talking about in OBEs. You don't really "go" anywhere. You just transition from your normal awake PMR (Physical Matter Reality), or dream data stream to another one.

Any of the books about OBE will probably get you there. I think the sleep-to-wake is the most successful one for a lot of people.
Have you had success with this sleep-to-wake method?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, I was most successful with that method. It takes some dedication and it can be annoying when you get up and then lay there awake the rest of the night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:02 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

IUofC wrote:
reality wrote:Expectation what an OBE is is a downfall. If you simply write down your 'dreams' and then see what path it takes you .
I have read this so many times I cannot count. I used to keep a dream journal when I was a teenager actually but as an adult I no longer do so.
Can you explain more about what you are actually achieving with this?
Is the act of memorizing a dream somehow affecting energies or changing me in some way such that my interaction with NPMR also changes?
Is it the act of transferring the dream to paper? The act of memorization?
Do you re-read them?
I have found just writing down a few words when I first wake up helps me to remember what I was dreaming about later on when that memory fades. Then if I wanted to find out if I have a recurring theme or anything that I can learn from it is easier to remember. Lots of times after doing this I seem to remember dreams a lot easier without any need for pen and paper. The intent to remember is enough to spark some vivid experiences in my experience. Precognition dreams are easy to distinguish now and some of the data received is very accurate :-)
But for me it is all about being here first and somewhere else second.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did some of Robert Bruce's energy work exercises from some of his books (I forget which exactly, perhaps "Mastering Astral Projection") several years ago. I had some interesting experiences by following his program, but I eventually dropped them for just plain-old meditation.

I think energy work is a good tool for practicing your focus of Intent. I attracted the attention of the LCS/other beings by doing it. It gives you something to "work" on, a "process" which isn't really necessary but is helpful when starting out.

Right now I'm playing around with the practice of remaining connected to the LCS/NPMR all the time (or at least trying to, anyway). It's not like I'm having a full-blown classical OBE all day or anything, but I "feel" connected and notice more synchronicity and intuition which helps me in my everyday life. I am finding that more useful these days.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is interesting to hear that is what you do Mike. I try and do about the same thing. I just maintain a connection to the LCS. Sometimes it is stronger than others. I get all kinds of nudges and insights. I also seem to be the LCS's go-to person for help in my neighborhood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote:I also seem to be the LCS's go-to person for help in my neighborhood.
Haha, that's pretty neat. I can't say I'm quite there yet. My days are mostly spent shuttling to/from work, routine maintenance of home and body, friends/family, and some meditation time that I manage to squeeze in somehow. I can't say I spend much time with my neighborhood.